8 Sandpiper Way by Debbie Macomber

8 Sandpiper Way

by Debbie Macomber

For some reason didn't care for this one as well as some in the series. Still a great series to read. ( )
  soosthemoose | Sep 23, 2016 |
Another great Cedar Cove book, ending in mystery, just as one is solved. I love the characters in this series. ( )
  rwilliams2911 | Jun 21, 2016 |
8 Sandpiper Way is another great addition to the Cedar Cove Series. Appearances by beloved characters and getting to know other characters who have been more recently introduced is always a pleasure with this series.
Although I greatly enjoy each installment being injected with a mystery, I was disappointed with the storyline of David Flemming. The story being directed towards a pastor is to show himself as a fallen man, I was hoping something more realistic and scandalous. ( )
  StephLaymon | Jan 26, 2016 |
There aren't that many secrets to keep in a close-knit community like Cedar Cove, Washington. So, when Emily Flemming finds an earring in her husband's pocket, she is understandably upset. The lost earring is definitely not hers, and Emily is worried that her husband Dave might be having an affair. She doesn't want to believe that Dave could or would cheat on her, but he's been acting so strangely lately that she just can't be certain.

Dave Flemming is a pastor - a loving husband and a wonderful father to their two boys; he truly is a good, upstanding, moral man - and Emily is deeply ashamed of her thoughts. However, she just can't stop herself from thinking this way. There's just something different about her husband, and she can't put her finger on what it is exactly. She has just learned that some jewelry was recently stolen from an elderly woman's house - and Dave used to visit the lady quite a bit.

Emily can't believe that Dave is guilty of doing anything illegal - that's just not in his nature. However, since he doesn't tell her where he's been when he comes home so late - she can't help but wonder just what is happening with him. Something is definitely going on with Dave; something certainly seems wrong with him, and Emily is determined to find out just what it is.

First of all, let me say that I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a quick and easy read for me, and a fairly pleasant way to spend a couple of days. I certainly appreciated having the list of characters at the beginning of the book; it was really helpful to know who was who as I was reading.

I must say that the story's plot actually wasn't all that difficult to follow. The storyline itself was pretty simple, and nothing really mind-blowing or overly dramatic happened; at least in my opinion. Although, I would still give this book an A! ( )
  moonshineandrosefire | Jan 1, 2016 |
I loved this book. I did have trouble keeping track of all the characters. Then I saw that this was book eight in the series. When I finished, I immediately checked for another book in the series. I would recommend this to all of my women friends. ( )
  ChildofGod | Dec 11, 2015 |
for their courage, strength
and
inspiration

and special thanks to my friend Emily Myles,
the fabric artist who inspired Shirley's dragon.
They say the wife is always the last to know.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0778325784, Mass Market Paperback)

Dear Reader,

I have something to confide in you. I think my husband, Dave, might be having an affair. I found an earring in his pocket, and it's not mine. I'm also worried because some jewelry was recently stolen from an old woman—and Dave used to visit her a lot.

You see, he's a pastor. And a good man. I can't believe he's guilty of anything, but why won't he tell me where he's been when he comes home so late?

Reader, I'd love to hear what you think. I also want to tell you what's going on with your other friends in Cedar Cove. Like Sheriff Troy Davis, to mention one. His long-ago love, Faith Beckwith, just moved here!

So come on in and join me for a cup of tea.

Emily Flemming

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:59 -0400)

Cedar Cove is shocked after Pastor Dave Flemming is accused of stealing jewelry. His wife, Emily, doesn't know what to believe, especially since Dave is being so evasive. Then she finds an earring in his pocket. Could he have stolen it--or is he having an affair?… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,088,967 books! | Top bar: Always visible