When the Crow Sings by Jacqueline Wales

by Jacqueline Wales

312,001,085 (5)None
Recently added bykeepfitz, Jacq_Wales

Reader Reviews

I loved the book. It was a gripping story of transformation and redemption, of hope and faith in oneself and the ability we have to transcend our past and find the healing spirit within us all. It truly was a beautifully written drama, and I quickly got used to the dialect and found it helped me imagine the characters as real people. I’d love for you to sell millions because it deserves to be read. Kol Hakavod to you on such a remarkable job Jacqueline – it blew me away
Rabbi Steven Carr Reuben, Pacific Palisades, California, Author 'Raising Ethical Children'

From the very first page to the last of this exceptional story by Jacqueline Wales, I entered a world unknown to me. Touched very deeply by the experience, it haunted me for days, long after I had read the last page and closed the book.
Renate Estiot, Berlin, Germany

‘When The Crow Sings, is a riveting and a very moving (and horrifying) story. . the book is emotionally powerful and stays with you. It feels real and fascinating, and you want so much for some love to come into Grace's or Alison's life, some chance for them to realize that the abuse they've been through is what's been making all their bad decisions for them. It should be a manual for abused children!... I have immense respect for you to have come from such sorrow and pain to become the amazing person you are today. Every breath you take is a success, as far as I am concerned.
Nancy Heikin, Director, Manana' a short film, Paris, France

Why would a woman go back, dredge up the unpleasant past and explain to the child she gave up for adoption why she was abandoned? This is the question raised in ‘When The Crow Sings' a novel by Jacqueline Wales. The answer to that question is that she wants to give something back to her abandoned child. Not only was the act of abandonment necessary for the health of both child and parent, but the sacrifice made by both of them was not in vain, that her mother's life did succeed…and in spite of whatever resentment or difficulties the child herself may have suffered, she, too, can overcome them successfully and succeed. Ultimately, in the end, both mother and child are responsible each for their own life.
Peter March, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

In her novel ‘When The Crow Sings' Jacqueline Wales has captured a classic inter-generational family story. Although set against the backdrop of history spanning seventy-seven years and the influence of events on their lives, it is the life inside the family that counts the most. The power of their day to day lives and their struggle to survive is far more powerful than the events surrounding them.. The magnificent sweep of their humanity and the immense power to forgive that is evident in ‘When The Crow Sings' made this an impossible to put down read. This book works because it confronts the humanity in all of us; both the light and the dark of our existence. As a family therapist, I have seen and read many family stories, but none done with quite so much honesty.
Andrew Miser, Personal Coach
Elysian Enterprises, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

You have given your readers something to learn from, a certain empowerment to overcome their family situation. Many people will feel this book from the heart and can easily see themselves as a player in the novel. I see families who don't want to keep these secrets in the closet any longer using this book to feel not so alone in their struggle, to be free of the various human patterns that destroy so many people.. Like it or not we are all part of everything that we inherited from our ancestors.
Zoli Flemming, New Orleans ( )
  Jacq_Wales | Mar 8, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,830,721 books! | Top bar: Always visible