The Magician by Michael Scott

The Magician

by Michael Scott

Series: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel (2)

English (55)  Dutch (2)  German (1)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (60)
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
My Review: This review comes much later. I know I must write these as soon as I finish reading the book, to make sure it is still fresh in my mind. This second book in the 6 book series is written the same way the first one is which, in this case, is a good thing. Why? Because whenever a book such as this decides to take on a lot of historical facts and ideas I appreciate being reminded of certain things. I’ll admit I have terrible short term memory so I don’t complain that a book is “repetitive” especially if it’s full of so much that needs to be remembered. Nothing is unnecessarily put it or oddly left out. I also appreciate that every scene and every character is important to the continuity of the book(s).

If you like myths and legends and making them seem more human, this is a good series. I’m only on the 3rd book now that I’ve finished this one and I have not been disappointed yet. I’d love to tell more specifics but even that would ruin it.

To read the rest of my review go here. ( )
  ericadrayton | Jan 8, 2015 |

Michael Scottprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gulik, Henny vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hoc opus, hic labor est
For Courtney and Piers; Hoc opus, hic labor est
a Courtney y Piers
Hoc opus, hic labor est
I am dying.
Perched on top of the water tower on Alcatraz, surrounded by huge Dire-Crows, the Morrigan sang softly to herself. It was a song first heard by the most primitive of ancient men, now imprinted deep into humankind's DNA. It was slow and gentle, lost and plaintive, beautiful ... and utterly terrifying. It was the Song of the Morrigan: a cry designed to inspire fear and terror. An on battlefields across the world and down through time, it was often the last sound a human heard in this life.

The New York Times bestseller now in paperback!

In the second book in the New York Times bestselling series, Nicholas, Sophie, Josh, and Scatty emerge in Paris, the City of Light, home to Nicholas Flamel. Only this homecoming is anything but sweet. Niccolò Machiavelli, immortal author and celebrated art collector, lives in Paris and is working for Dr. John Dee. He’s in hot pursuit, and time is running out for Nicholas and Perenell. Josh and Sophie Newman are the world’s only hope. . . . If they don’t turn on each other first.

★ “Readers will be swept up.”—Kirkus Reviews, Starred

“An exciting and impeccably thought-out fantasy, well-suited for those left in the lurch by Harry Potter’s recent exeunt.”—Booklist

“Fans . . . will certainly find much to love, root for, and fear in this successful second installment.”—School Library Journal

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:11 -0400)

Fifteen-year-old twins Sophie and Josh Newman continue their magical training in Paris with Nicholas Flamel, Scatty, and the Comte de Sant Germaine, pursued by Doctor Dee and the immortal Niccolo Machiavelli.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,855,778 books! | Top bar: Always visible