Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Manuscript Makeover: Revision Techniques No Fiction Writer Can Afford to…
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English (1)
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0399533958, Paperback)
Professional editor and author Elizabeth Lyon offers aspiring novelists the guidance and instruction they need to write and edit well-crafted and compelling stories that will stand out from the competition and attract the attention of agents and publishers, including:
- Stand-out style techniques, from accessing an authentic voice to applying techniques of "wordsmithing" that transform prose
- How to rewrite characterization for dimensionality, a universal need, and theme
- Adjustment suggestions to match the prose style and structure of specific genres
- Correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and style
- Strategies to strengthen story beginnings and endings
- Methods for increasing plot stakes, creating movement, and adjusting pace for maximum suspense
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:32 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.