Succubus Dreams by Richelle Mead

Succubus Dreams

by Richelle Mead

Recently added byprivate library, Dreamchen, afseattle, atcolorado, AIndoria, libra79, Nemerith

The end of this book broke my heart 3 ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
Oh how I wish Georgina would be more aware. Things are so plainly right in front of her face and she is so oblivious. She never pays attention to the obvious clues or asks the right questions, at least not on until things get worse. She always let the clues slip from her grasp and start to fill her mind with unnecessary musings some times.

So sad about her and Seth, knew it was inevitable, with the way things were going. Can't believe I'm saying this but Hugh was right about their relationship not working out in the long run. I liked how the stories shows her past relationships and how they worked or failed and I would say that Dante was also right about her not learning or changing her mistakes from those relationships. I have had my guesses as to what these journeys through Georgina's relationship means for her in the end ultimately. I think is has a lot to do with why Niphon was trying to bring her down. And of course Georgina doesn't seem terrible interested in researching that further. But we'll see in future books if she investigates this puzzle.

I am completely bewitched by this series and just can't seem to get enough of it. I really like Georgina's evil good girl nature. She's suppose to be evil which she is some of the time but she squeezes in some really good deeds. As usual the plot twists were intriguing and thrilling, it kept the story flowing and upbeat. As always great writing from Richelle Mead.
  chicreader | Jan 21, 2014 |
RATING: 3.5 stars.

This series is SO addictive. The supernatural plots aren't that complex or difficult to figure out, but the drama... is delicious and the characters are really cool!

However, after this book I decree Seth will have to go sit in a corner. Bad Seth! xD ( )
  slayra | Sep 21, 2013 |
I unabashedly love this series, yes, yes, I do. Succubus Dreams actually read more like a paranormal romance than a straight up urban fantasy book, but not even that could diminish my desire to find out what happened to the protagonist Georgina Kincaid.

Kincaid walks into a bar to find Carter, three angels and human sitting together. Joel, one of the angels clearly does not like or trust her. At every opportunity he is downright hostile towards her. Carter and his crew of angels are clearly up to something but realizing that it is pointless to question them, Kincaid stays to have a few drinks. At the end of the night Carter asks her to let Vincent the human stay with her while they are on their secret angel mission. Kincaid reluctantly agrees.

Feeling left out of the angel intrigue, Kincaid continues to work at the bookstore and date her mortal boyfriend Seth. Things seem to be going well between the two of them but they are constantly having little arguments. Kincaid hides her painful memories and Seth complains about the lack of communication between them. If that were not enough, the imp that Kincaid sold her soul to, comes to town with a brand new Succubus, who becomes Georgina's responsibility. Just when things seem like they could not get anymore complicated, Georgina begins to have vivid dreams about that which she wants the most - a child. The problem with these vivid dreams is that each time they happen, they drain her of all of her energy.

Read more ( )
  FangsfortheFantasy | Sep 20, 2013 |
Esto fue... terrible. Menos mal que ya no era 27 cuando lo leí y no arruino mi día especial... ( )
  Anngela_ | Aug 31, 2013 |
I wished the guy on top of me would hurry up because I was getting bored.

"Some days, a girl just can't catch a break, especially when the girl in question is Georgina Kincaid, a shape-shifting succubus who gets her energy from seducing men. First there's her relationship with gorgeous best selling writer Seth Mortensen, which is unsatisfying on a number of levels. It's not just that they can't have sex in case Georgina inadvertently kills him (generally a turn-off for most guys). Lately, even spending time together is a challenge. Seth's obsessed with finishing his latest novel, and Georgina's under demonic orders to mentor the new (and surprisingly inept) succubus on the block. Then there are the dreams. Someone, or something, is preying on Georgina at night, draining her energy, and supplying eerie visions of her future. Georgina seeks answers from Dante, a dream interpreter with ties to the underworld, but his flirtatious charm only leaves her more confused -- especially as the situation with Seth reaches crisis point. Now Georgina faces a double challenge -- rein in her out-of-control love life, and go toe-to-toe with an enemy capable of wreaking serious havoc among mankind. Otherwise, Georgina, and the entire mortal world, may never sleep easy again . . ."--Book Cover.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,624,543 books! | Top bar: Always visible