I Got Community by Melrose Cooper

I Got Community

by Melrose Cooper

171587,099NoneNone

I really wasn't impressed with this book, which is too bad. I was really excited to find it because we do a community unit in the fall. The story is alright, and the pictures are colorful. What I didn't care for, was how they used the English. She is using more of a vernacular English, which I appreciate for the creativity, but I don't feel like I could use this book with my students, as one of my main jobs as a bilingual teacher is to teach them oral English. At this point in their education, I feel like I really need to give them strong models of the English the language.
  kristenpittenger | Mar 11, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0805031790, Library Binding)

A companion book to I Got a Family shows, in pictures and simple, rhyming text, the ways in which members of the child narrator's community show their love, mutual support, and mutual caring.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:23 -0400)

A young girl describes, in rhyming verse, how members of her community make her feel loved.

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,582,612 books! | Top bar: Always visible