ReneCade by Cameron Dane

3 stars. Read this awhile back and did a reread a few months ago and liked it better the second time around. Though the cheating! Ugh...still makes me want to punch babies. ( )
  vampkiss | Oct 23, 2013 |
Ren Boone is the Sheriff's son and that makes him off limits to Deputy Cade McKenna. They can't stay away from each other but what happens when they can't come out of the closet? You will just have to read to find out. ( )
  Viviana_Reece | Jan 10, 2013 |
Starts off repressed and passionate enough, and I liked that both men were quite inexperienced, one of them having never had any sexual contact with a man previously. I liked Ren, the 22 yo ranch hand, who knows he is gay but is scared to tell his step father, the only family he has. And initially l liked Cade, the scarred deputy, who had as many scars on his soul as he did on his face. I had petty problems - I wished that there weren't so many names starting with C in the book, which seemed unnecessarily confusing.

But it got repetitious and too melodramatic and then all sorts of weird thing happened at the end. I thought that culprit who did the sabotage was given way too easy a break over the final act of violence, and that Cade was too soppy, having been too strong earlier. Ren appeared to grow as a person but no one else did, and that ultimately lead this book to be a failure for me. ( )
  amf0001 | Jul 18, 2010 |
For Lisa (See? I used your name!). Ren and Cade each could have used a caring cousin like you. As for Michael, thanks for saying nice things about me every once in a while. It keeps everyone confused, and you know how I love that. Hope this is sufficiently “heaving” for your tastes. Love you both, CD
Cade McKenna slid his notebook into his uniform shirt pocket as he entered the air-conditioned home of rancher Caleb Hawkins.

Lawman Cade McKenna moved to Quinten, Montana in order to forget his past, one that left his face half covered in scars. He does his job with quiet authority, but otherwise wants to be left alone.

Ren Boone loves his job as a jack-of-all-trades for Hawkins' Ranch. If only his personal life were as uncomplicated as his work. Ren needs to get over a crush on his best friend, and he has to find a way to tell his father, the sheriff, that he's gay.

When sabotage hits the ecological project Ren is working on, Cade is assigned the case. Suddenly, Cade is fighting an attraction for the boss's son, and Ren starts to see the serious Deputy McKenna, a man who can no longer smile, as breathtaking and beautiful.

As danger mounts, tempers and desires flare out of control. Ren and Cade explode in an act of passion that sends them both reeling. A secret affair begins, one fraught with peril and misunderstandings right from the start. Then Ren makes a catastrophic mistake that almost costs Cade his life. Can Cade forgive him and let Ren back into his vulnerable heart?

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,926,865 books! | Top bar: Always visible