Mistress of the Empire by Raymond Feist

English (16)  French (2)  All languages (18)
I am not ashamed to admit that if I never see this trilogy again, it'll be too soon. The authors turn everything they've written in the previous two books on its head, just for the sake of making us feel pity for Mara, who is even more self-serving in this one than in the other two, even though the authors have tried to disguise it as grief. Over-padded, over-bloated, ridiculous political wrangling doesn't equal plot unless there is also a story to sustain it, and there's nothing like that here, except a rehash of the first two, just with different names. Mara gets revenge, and that's pretty much it. ( )
  DarkDagon | Oct 6, 2014 |
I didn't write a review for this yet? Oops. For real though.. I was disappointed. I didn't like the ending, among other things.. I still gave it 3 stars, but barely. Baaaaarely.

Don't take this to heart though.. Most people love it. It's probably just me. ( )
  breakofdawn | Jun 11, 2013 |
EMPIRE
  rustyoldboat | May 28, 2011 |
This is the third book in this series (preceded by Daughter of the Empire and Servant of the Empire). I didn't enjoy this book as much as the other two, and put off reading it for ages. I think the problem is that the book feels padded, and keeps going for too long. I liked the conspiracy subplot, but it would have been nice for the resolution to be a bit more believable. Overall, the weakest book in the series.

http://www.stillhq.com/book/Raymond_E_Feist_and_Janny_Wurts/Mistress_of_the_Empi... ( )
  mikal | Apr 20, 2011 |

Raymond Feistprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wurts, Jannymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Maitz, DonCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The morning sun shone.

The world on the other side of the rift:  Kelewan, a land seething with political intrigue and deadly conspiracies.  Following the opulent panoply of Daughter Of The Empire and the dazzling pageantry of Servant Of The Empire comes the resounding conclusion to the Empire trilogy.

Besieged by spies and rival houses, stalked by a secret and merciless brotherhood of assassins, the brilliant Lady Mara of the Acoma faces the most deadly challenge she has ever known.  The fearsome Black Robes see Mara as the ultimate threat to their ancient power.  In search of allies who will join her against them, Mara must travel beyond civilization's borders and even into the hives of the alien cho-ja.  As those near and dear to her fall victim to many enemies, Mara cries out for vengeance.  Drawing on all of her courage and guile she prepares to fight her greatest battle of all--for her life, her home, and the Empire itself.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:05 -0400)

With magnificent cover art from a Hugo Award-winning artist, this superb conclusion to Feist and Wurts' epic collaboration is destined to attract an even larger audience. Filled with intrigue, magic, and surprising passion, Mistress of the Empire continues the saga of one woman's battle to conquer and transform her world.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,366,658 books! | Top bar: Always visible