Chill: Stress-reducing Techniques for a More…

Chill: Stress-reducing Techniques for a More Balanced, Peaceful You (edition 2009)

by Deborah Reber, Neryl Walker (Illustrator)

Member:readr
Title:Chill: Stress-reducing Techniques for a More Balanced, Peaceful You
Authors:Deborah Reber
Other authors:Neryl Walker (Illustrator)
Info:
Tags:non fiction, therapy, self-help, stress DIY therapy chapter

Chill: Stress-Reducing Techniques for a More Balanced, Peaceful You by Deborah Reber

There were some great tips in here for how to relieve stress. I felt like the author was taking just to me, as a teenage girl. She understood where my stress came from and gave me great ways to deal with it. The chapter on time management was invaluable and helped me not go crazy during AP testing week at school. I would recommend this book to any teenage girl who is feeling overwhelmed and stressed out (so basically, every teenage girl). ( )
  mdtwilighter | Jun 18, 2011 |
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

Stress isn't a condition reserved solely for adults. Everyone experiences stress, from a grade school student worrying about a quiz in math class to a high school teen trying to figure out how they're ever going to survive school long enough to make it to college. And adults -- well, adults might have more stress, but they can't claim they're the only ones who do.

Author Deborah Reber breaks stress down and makes it a bearable condition in CHILL. First, we find out what stress is. Then, we learn how we can, if not get rid of it completely, at least make it bearable.

There are sections of the book dedicated to taking action: getting organized, learning to manage your time, realizing that it's okay to say "no." Then we learn the basics of looking out for ourselves: creating a support network of family and friends, and gaining perspective into the fact that sometimes we're going to need other people's help in getting over whatever it is that's bothering us. Then there's my favorite part, that of turning in and getting physical: learning that nutrition and exercise can help balance out our stressful lives, figuring out do-it-yourself strategies that can help in just about any situation, and even the importance of writing things down in a journal.

We might not be stressing every day of our lives, but there will always be times when we do. And when that happens, be thankful that you have a book like CHILL to remind you of what's important -- taking time for you! ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 10, 2009 |
"Chill: Stress-Reducing Techniques for a More Balanced, Peaceful You" by Deborah Reber (2008) explains what stress is and the effects it has on the body. The book gives suggestions on how to de-stress and offers tips on how to better organize your life so you won't have as much stress.

"Chill" speaks directly to teens on how to handle life and its stresses. It was nicely arranged with tips on relieving stress, bulleted lists of activities and self-affirmations and quizzes at the end of each chapter. The book was an easy read. There is a lot of information, which in itself can seem stressful, but if the reader simply looks at the chapters that seem applicable at the moment, I can see this book being helpful to teen girls. ( )
  cnolasco | Jul 27, 2009 |
Chill is a self help book that was designed to help you create order out of complete disorder. To reduce stress in your everyday life. Whether your stress is coming from school, home, friendships or maybe even the hectic schedule you keep, Chill has some sort of a solution for you.
Chill is like no other self help book I have read. Most self help books are written for adults, and teens cannot relate to them. But Chill was written with teens in mind from the cool pictures throughout, fun quizzes and creative topics for your journal.
I am currently using a lot of the techniques discussed in Chill like the Time Management chapter under Managing Out Your Work, the Apply to Colleges chart helps me ease the stress of worrying about what I’ve done and more importantly what I need to do. The Organization chapter made me organize and delete a lot of the items I had in my computer.
Chill could not have came at a better time in my life, with the stress of applying to colleges, managing time and just the stress that comes with being a teen. After reading Chill, I did feel a sense of balance and peace but most of all I felt the need to sit back, relax and CHILL! ( )
  temppatt | Jul 10, 2008 |

Gives teens the insight and tools they need to manage the pressures of everyday life by offering expert advice and practical stress-reducing techniques.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,359,357 books! | Top bar: Always visible