Bake until Bubbly: The Ultimate Casserole…

Bake until Bubbly: The Ultimate Casserole Cookbook

by Clifford A. Wright

2000s (1) 2009 (1) 2015 (1) 5-stars (1) @library (1) American (1) baking (2) BN (1) CAROL (1) casserole (5) casseroles (14) comfort (1) cookbook (22) cookery (4) cooking (11) eb (1) food (6) food and drink (1) iBook (1) keeper (1) kitchen (1) library (1) non-fiction (7) Non-Vegetarian (1) own (1) slow cooker (2) spl (1) to-read (3) TOA (1) wishlist (1)

The Ultimate Casserole Cookbook. Some interesting casseroles
  jhawn | Jul 31, 2017 |
Many, many good recipes. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
I wish I would have read the reviews more closely. I was looking for something new in easy to make, crowd pleasing comfort food. There are some good recipes in this book, but it is not for the busy mom looking to pop something into the oven between the carpool and weeding the garden. This is for the more uppity 'have someone else pick up the kids so we can spend all day grating fresh nutmeg' crowd.
The kind of people who have the time to cultivate all the fresh organic ingredients and live somewhere with gourmet markets instead of mega-mart grocery stores don't eat casseroles.
This is not your mom's church potluck kind of casserole. But if you can afford the time to cook like Martha Stewart and have a family that will actually eat rutabegga pudding, this may be the book for you. ( )
  jegka | Sep 29, 2011 |
Each recipe is introduced with a story or comment. There are some shaded boxes that have things such as food history, leftover ideas, Web tips, etc. The book would have been greatly enhanced by the addition of color photos. Overall, the book is a bit disappointing, although there are several recipes that sound tempting. ( )
  thornton37814 | Feb 9, 2010 |

Bake until Bubbly

"Everybody who grew up on tuna noodle casserole or macaroni and cheese remembers that bubbling dish brought to the table with its top dappled golden brown, piping hot and inviting. My passion for casseroles was born from memories of my childhood and my mother's lasagna, thick and rich and gooey and delicious. But once I had three children of my own, casseroles were the solution to many frenzied nights. We all loved the simplicity, ease, and satisfaction of a well-baked casserole. One of my favorite dessert casseroles was the Pear Crisp my kids and I made in late August when our pear tree was groaning from the weight of those luscious orbs ripening. We'd cut them up and arrange them in a casserole with cinnamon and then blanket them with a streusel made of flour, butter, and sugar before baking until bubbly. Hey, what a great name for a book!"
—from Bake until Bubbly

Advance Praise

"Bake until Bubbly . . . the name says it all. Visions of creamy, tender casseroles with crusty, crunchy tops immediately come to mind and Clifford Wright's book delivers. You will find easy-to-make one-dish recipes like the rustic but elegant Veal Saltimbocca and Cassoulet and comfort food such as Blue Cheese Halibut Bake; Sausage, Red Bean, and Apple Casserole; Cranberry-Apple-Walnut Crisp; and Blackberry and Cream Cheese Crepes Casserole. I love the fact that you can find everything from breakfast casseroles to vegetarian options to desserts. The Potato, Bacon, and Gruyère Casserole is coming to my next potluck."
Dede Wilson, Contributing Editor to Bon Appétit magazine and public television host

"Just when I thought there was little left to be exploited in casserole cookery, Clifford Wright comes up with an herby tamale pie with cornmeal mush, an Irish rutabaga pudding, a baked rigatoni with meatballs, a nectarine and almond dessert casserole, and numerous other fascinating dishes guaranteed to add new and exciting dimension to this succulent style of cooking."
James Villas, author of Crazy for Casseroles and The Glory of Southern Cooking

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:17 -0400)

Presents a comprehensive casserole cookbook that features nearly 250 easy-to-prepare casserole recipes that include updated renditions of classic American favorites, notable international specialties, breakfast and dessert casseroles, and Italian-American dishes.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,595,814 books! | Top bar: Always visible