Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Building N-Tier Applications with COM and Visual Basic 6.0
by Ash Rofail
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0471295493, Paperback)Acquire the COM know-how to build distributed computing solutions with Visual Basic. Building N-Tier Applications with COM and Visual Basic(r) 6.0 If you want to build robust Visual Basic applications for the enterprise, this book helps you quickly acquire the client/server knowledge and skills required to take your development skills to the next level. Focusing on Microsoft's core middletier technologies-COM, DCOM, and MTS-you'll get a layer-by-layer introduction to N-tier development with Visual Basic. Authors Ash Rofail and Tony Martin step you through the entire development process, with extensive coverage of key topics including:
* How to build and communicate with COM and DCOM components
* Designing accessible databases with Visual Basic, COM, SQL Server 7.0, and ADO
* Building Web clients with User Documents, Dynamic HTML, XML, and IIS
* Creating and deploying highly scalable applications with Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS) and Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ)
* Securing your component-based applications
On the CD-ROM you'll find:
* Allaire's HomeSite version 4.0
* All the Visual Basic code included in the book
* Ready-to-use applications from the examples in the book
Wiley Computer Publishing Timely. Practical. Reliable. Visit our Web site at www.wiley.com/compbooks/
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:16 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.