Trainstop by Barbara Lehman

Trainstop

by Barbara Lehman

"Trainstop" sends a different message to kids. Barbara Lehman is normally very imaginative with her books, but this book was very straight forward. The book is about the girl who gets on the train and the train makes a stop. During this stop the girl helps out some people who are very small and comes up with a way to rescue one of the little people out of a tr, so imagination discussion could then take place in the classroom. ( )
  eburlette | Aug 19, 2017 |
This is a great wordless picture book that could lead to students writing their own narrative for the book. Younger students will be enticed by the turn the story takes when it stops in a land of little people.
Curriculum connection: Younger students can practice sequencing skills by putting the story events in order. The multiculturalism connection is for the willingness to help small people.
  sanm277 | Jan 23, 2016 |
a picture book depicting a small girls trip on a train with her parents. The adults all fall asleep and we are taken through the countryside where the little girl gets off the train in a village of very tiny people. She helps one of them get unstuck from a tree (along with their toy airplane). You wonder if it was all a dream or wishful thinking.

The illustrations were fun to see and my daughter enjoyed creating the story as we went along. We liked the ending. Ending reminded me of The Polar Express. ( )
  dms02 | Feb 27, 2014 |
This is one of the first times I’ve ventured into “full-length” wordless picture books with Preschooler, but it’s alot of fun. Trainstop feels like a mixture of Gulliver’s Travels and The Polar Express (intrigued yet??) One fun aspect about wordless picture books is that the stories never come out quite the same. I read the book the first time, but each time after that Preschooler has contributed, or read parts of it to me. It’s something a little different than the normal storytime for us, and it’s helping her realize just how much pictures can aid in story comprehension.

novalibrarymom | Mar 30, 2013 |

novalibrarymom | Mar 29, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 061875640X, Hardcover)

A ride on the train is exciting. There’s always something new to see, even if you’ve been there before.
But some train rides are better than others . . .

What if a train took you somewhere else entirely? What if the doors opened in a strange, new place? This is one train stop you won’t want to miss!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:36 -0400)

In this wordless picture book, a young girl takes a train and makes a stop at a most unusual place where she has an important task to perform.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,239,423 books! | Top bar: Always visible