The Secret Circle: The Initiation and The…

The Secret Circle: The Initiation and The Captive Part I

by L. J. Smith

For the tweeners, this is a good one.

I actually liked the plot of the story (or conclusion thereof) with Black John and the histroy he brought to the group. My biggest problem is the love triangle. Yes, I get that Adam and Cassie can't keep their hands off of each other (they are teenagers after all), it was the quick resolution that killed it... please Diana can't be THAT much of a saint!- NO ONE is... ( )
  lollyletsgo | Aug 10, 2017 |
really great start to a series! Great cliffhanger as well! :) ( )
  almoskwa92 | Nov 4, 2016 |
I really liked this series, and I am really bummed the TV show got cancelled after one season. 3 ( )
  oxlabyrinthxo | Jul 10, 2016 |
So I think I may have read the first book in this series back when I was in high school. Now there is a show on the CW based on these books that I am embarrassingly addicted so I decided to read the trilogy. The first volume included the first book and part of the second book. Cassie moves to the New England town where her mother grew up and is drawn to a group of kids that all live on her block. These kids are actually witches and so is Cassie. They need a complete group to work and Cassie completes it. There is the standard infighting, some star crossed lovers and outside forces fighting to influence the group. Cassie is meek and feels torn between Diana, the girl who took her in and gets along with everyone and Faye a bad girl with some dirt on Cassie. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
It wasn't supposed to be this hot and humid on Cape Cod.

The circle's power has lured her home

Forced to move from sunny California to gloomy New England, Cassie longs for her old life. Even so, she feels a strange kinship to a terrifying group of teens who seem to rule her school. Initiated into the coven of witches that's controlled New Salem for hundreds of years, she's drawn into the Secret Circle, a thrill that's both intoxicating and deadly. But when she falls for the mysterious and intriguing Adam, Cassie must choose whether to resist temptation or risk dark forces to get what she wants—even if it means that one wrong move could ultimately destroy her.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:33 -0400)

Cassie is drawn into the Secret Circle, a coven of young witches whose power has controlled New Salem for three hundred years, and when she falls hopelessly in love with the leader's boyfriend, she is tempted to use dark powers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,430,953 books! | Top bar: Always visible