Small Footprint, Big Handprint: How to Live…

Small Footprint, Big Handprint: How to Live Simply and Love Extravagantly

by Tri Robinson

121768,668 (3)None

The concepts is Tri's latest book are great and the message is much needed. While not novel ideas by any means, I loved the way he paired the idea of reducing our footprint with increasing our handprint. However, the writing could have been better. If fact, from a proof reading standpoint I found more than a half dozen errors. Furthermore, the "Let's take a look at another king ..." and the reference to King Hezekiah on page 107 was completely out of place considering the example was Joseph. That being said, the book was a quick and easy read that will benefit and equip many in the church to render down their lives so as to love the world more extravagantly. ( )
  adamtarn | May 10, 2009 |

What would you sacrifice to change the world? Your job? Your lifestyle? Your money?

We need a smaller footprint. The pursuit of the American dream has left most of us empty, stretched in nine different directions and self-absorbed. Aside from the occasional natural disaster, we've all but forgotten about the people around the world and down the street who need us and need us to live differently. We need to live more simply.

We want to make a bigger handprint. In a world crying out for help, we struggle to believe we can make a difference. But reformation starts with people who have one idea they believe can change their world and the power of God s love changes everything. We need to love more extravagantly.

The world is changing whether we like it or not. The question that begs to be answered is this: Will you sit by idly and watch it change for the worse or will you allow God to put you on the forefront of changing it for the better? Small Footprint, Big Handprint is your invitation to embark on a journey for the latter.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:41 -0400)

If we're not careful, our stuff can own us. Before we know it, we have high mortgages, high car payments and a lifestyle that we wished wasn't ours. What about those simpler times when technology didn't dictate our lives or when we weren't enslaved to making payment after payment? Author and pastor Tri Robinson has found that simple living for simplicity's sake isn't the answer. There must be a reason we all desire to render our lives down. As followers of Jesus, that innate desire within us to fall back into a simpler lifestyle is the yearning within us for our lives to count, to matter, to be part of something bigger than ourselves. When we render our lives down for the sake of the Gospel, we suddenly become more available to be used by God than ever before. Discover how you can put this biblical principle to work in your life and change the world around you!… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,409,601 books! | Top bar: Always visible