Compassion, Morality And The Media by Tester

by Tester

2None2,551,640NoneNone
Recently added bybookwalter, Svetaketu

No reviews

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0335205135, Paperback)

* Why do the reports and representations of suffering and misery move us?
* What are we likely to do about it and why?
* Why do people take part in telethon appeals?

Most of us have watched television or read newspapers and been moved to compassion by the suffering and misery that we see. We know that many people suffer thanks to war, famine or environmental catastrophe. But what do the reports and representations of the suffering and misery of others actually mean to media users?
Compassion, Morality and the Media seeks to answer this question and offers an engaging narrative through which it becomes possible to think about the role of journalists as moral agents. The author explores the tensions between the intentions of journalists, the horizons of the audience and the priorities of media institutions. This is a book which deals with important issues that have been relatively neglected in the academic study of the media. It is accessible and relevant and opens up a new terrain for research and teaching on the media as a moral force. Students taking undergraduate courses on the media and others with a wider interest in media morality will find it to be compelling reading.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:33 -0400)

It is the year 5012 and the Milky Way galaxy is under attack. After the Universal War, a war that almost brought about the destruction of every known universe, the planets in the Milky Way banded together to create the Intergalactic Force - an elite fighting team sworn to protect and defend the galaxy. Only the brightest and most promising eleven-year-olds are accepted into the Intergalactic Force Academy and only the very best cadets reach the highest of their ranks and become...STAR FIGHTERS… (more)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,273,793 books! | Top bar: Always visible