Her Majesty's Dog, Vol. 11 by Mick Takeuchi

Her Majesty's Dog, Vol. 11

by Mick Takeuchi

I loved this series so much that although I'm happy to have a resolution I'm rather sad to see it end. This was the one that started off my (very expensive) obsession with manga when I picked up my very first volume at Borders after contemplating the wonderful cover art and interesting sounding storyline for a month (further details can be found in my review of volume 1).

As a series ending I will say that I found it satisfying. Although I never really cared for the family politics plot, I enjoyed the resolution and thought that the ending twist about Amane was very interesting. I found it amusing that even the manga-ka felt her storyline was getting too serious and made efforts to lighten the mood using Takako and Aoi. I kind of would have liked to have seen those two get together, but ultimately they were only side characters without any definitive ending of their own. I did find it odd to see the changes in the way the manga-ka drew the artwork. In some cases the differences seemed very dramatic. I think you can even see it if you compare the cover art between the first and eleventh volumes without ever even having to open them.

Overall I found this to be an intriguing supernatural series and although I rather feel the first volumes were stronger than the later ones I think as a whole it is a pretty wonderful story. Highly recommended to teens and up. ( )
  Jenson_AKA_DL | Jan 14, 2009 |

"Distraught over losing Hyoue, Amane manages to pull herself together with the help of her friends. Help from an unexpected source gives her the determination she needs to return to the island and confront her fears...but how can she face Hyoue when he doesn't even remember her name?"--Cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,313,894 books! | Top bar: Always visible