Sea View (Yaoi) (Yaoi Manga) by Ayumi Kano

Sea View (Yaoi) (Yaoi Manga)

by Ayumi Kano

201515,329 (3.25)3
(1) architecture (1) backlog (1) bag# 00163 (1) BL (6) boys' love (3) Chinese-translated (1) completed (1) DMP (3) DMP June (1) fiction (2) fiction: BL (1) format: manga (1) graphic (1) Jensbooks (1) josei (1) June (1) manga (12) manga-manhwa (2) mystery (1) own (1) print (1) queer (1) read (1) romance (1) Sea View (1) sold (1) to-read (1) yaoi (3) yaoi-bl (2)

Sea View is another compilation manga containing two stories, the second being broken into two parts. What first got me interested in picking this one up was the cover art, which is very attractive, and the description of a young architect student who travels to a small island to find his grandfather, only to find out he has gone missing. Although I enjoyed the artwork and the premise I was hopelessly lost when it came to figuring out who was talking and what was going on. I'm not sure if it was just me, if something was lost in the translation or if the story was deliberately obscure, but it did turn out to be a bit of a disappointment.

The two subsequent stories deal with a photographer who is allowed into the home of the elite Ichimura family for the purpose of shooting their famous gardens. When Isumi meets the reticent heir, Akira, he feels an instant rapport with the young man, one which triggers protective feelings that come to a head when Akira is stalked by the paparazzi. These two stories were a little more coherent to me than the first although I still felt a little confused. I did think it was a nice story and enjoyed the fact that the two separate tales picked up with a year between.

Overall I feel this is a nice, dreamy little manga, certainly not deserving of any yaoi title as there isn't so much as a kiss between any of the characters. I'd hesitate to discourage anyone from reading this based on my confusion as it may be something isolated to my perception and not the fault of the manga at all. ( )
  Jenson_AKA_DL | Mar 24, 2009 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,432,097 books! | Top bar: Always visible