Anchor and Storm by Kate Poole

Anchor and Storm

by Kate Poole

Apologies, milady. I’m afraid, but historical and leisurely elucidated romances of making love through a spell of feathery kisses, that’s just not my cup of tea.
  Praj05 | Apr 5, 2013 |
To my editor, Helen Woodall, for taking a chance on me. To the Naughty Little French Tarts - Kathy, Kate, Chris, Janet, and Lisa - for encouraging me and making me finally finish the manuscript. To Bonnie, my first fan. And last and certainly not least, to Mom and Dad, who have always been there for me.
So . . . what am I to do with you now, Emily

Edgar Armstrong, Earl of Callander, had not given much thought to marrying and producing an heir...until he meets Emily Sinclair. When their easy companionship grows into love, they learn that Edgar's progressively debilitating disease could be passed on to his children. As their joy turns to despair Edgar finds a solution. If he can't get her with child he knows just the man who can. But will Emily agree to his plan?

Angus MacNeill, Lord Callander's groom, thinks Emily married Edgar for his title, his money and the security he can give her. And when Edgar approaches him with a very unusual request Angus questions his master's motives. Still, it doesn't stop him from accepting Callander's terms -- it's the only way he can be with Emily, even if only until she conceives.

Deeply in love with Edgar, Emily will do anything he asks of her. But she never suspected he'd ask something like this! Despite Edgar's reassurances she worries that his plan could destroy their marriage rather than strengthen it. And when she makes her choice, Emily wonders if there's room enough for two men in her heart -- and in her bed.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,733,047 books! | Top bar: Always visible