Paper Towns by John Green

Paper Towns (edition 2008)

by John Green

Title:Paper Towns
Authors:John Green
Info:Dutton Juvenile (2008), Edition: 1St Edition, Hardcover, 305 pages

Paper Towns by John Green

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (kathleen.morrow)
    To Jaykae: Life Stinx by Jean Davies Okimoto (thesundaybookreport)
    Winter Town by Stephen Emond (faither)
    Reality Check by Peter Abrahams (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: The search for someone missing, a girl friend (Reality Check) and an ideal girl (Paper Towns) becomes a voyage of self-discovery for high school boys in different mysteries, one dialogue-rich and character-driven, the other plot-driven and suspenseful.… (more)
    Looking for Alaska by John Green (chwiggy)
    Le Grand Meaulnes by Alain-Fournier (Cecilturtle)
    Cecilturtle: Dnas les deux on retrouve des locaux plus ou moins fictifs dans lesquels les personnages trouvent l'amour
    The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (chwiggy)
    The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson (FFortuna)
    Just One Day by Gayle Forman (FFortuna)
    Flash Burnout by L. K. Madigan (foggidawn)
    The Ashford Affair by Lauren Willig (FFortuna)
    FFortuna: "It is easy to forget how full the world is of people, full to bursting, and each of them imaginable and consistently misimagined." - John Green
    Almost Perfect by Brian Katcher (Runa)
    Runa: Similar endings
    Freaks Like Us by Susan Vaught (Runa)
    As Simple As Snow by Gregory Galloway (Runa)

English (408)  Spanish (6)  Dutch (2)  German (2)  Italian (1)  All languages (419)
About a guy who loves a girl and she runs away, but he thinks he is the only one who can find her. Its a romance novel about him loving her and kissing her. Teaches children about relationships and friendships. His neighbor/childhood sweetheart discovery things about each other and go on an adventure. talks about high school cliques and stereotypes. How you should give everyone a chance no matter who their friends with because you could end up liking them.
  Jennamg123 | Oct 13, 2016 |
This is only the second John Green novel I have read, and I found it a lot more "young adult" than The Fault in Our Stars. If you are no longer a young adult, be prepared for a large dose of teen. Still, the book is full of insightful commentary on interpersonal relationships and the courses our lives take, and it's this kind of depth that makes John Green's books so worth reading. Look for repeating themes of mirrors and windows, strings and roots, and remember that when you were a teen, you would have found this book Just. So. Awesome. ( )
  trwm | Oct 6, 2016 |
I love John Green's novels! You won't be disappointed. ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |
3.5 stars ( )
  CrystalDawn1217 | Sep 19, 2016 |
The book had some humour and some moments that made you sad in it, but I found it extremely boring.I struggled to finish it because I no longer wanted to continue. I had to though as it was for school. It wasn't very interesting but i don't like this type of book usually. ( )
  lola11hall | Aug 21, 2016 |
The narration of “Paper Towns” spends too much time in Quentin’s head, which, to be sure, is an entertaining place

John Greenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Frost, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Funfhausen, ChristianCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Miller, Dan JohnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vandervoort, IreneDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And after, when we went outside to look at her finished lantern from the road, I said I liked the way her light shone through the face that flickered in the dark.
-"Jack O'Lantern," Katrina Vandenberg in Atlas
People say friends don't destroy one another What do they know about friends?
-"Game shows Touch Our Lives," The Mountain Goats
To Julie Strauss- Gabel, without whom none of this could have become real.
The way I figure it, everyone gets a miracle.
Here's what's not beautiful about it: from here, you can't see the rust or the cracked paint or whatever, but you can tell what the place really is. You see how fake it all is. It's not even hard enough to be made of plastic. It's a paper town. I mean look at it, Q: look at all those cul-de-sacs, thoses streets that turn in on themselves, all the houses that were built to fall apart. All those paper people living in their paper houses, burning the future to stay warm. All the paper kids drinking beer some bum bought for them at the paper convenience store. Everyone demented with the mania of owning things. All the things paper-thin and paper-frail. And all the people, too. I've lived here for eighteen years and I have never once in my life come across anyone who cares about anything that matters.
Margo was not a miracle. She was not a fine and precious thing. She was a girl.
I like finding stuff out about her. I mean, that I didn't know before. I had no idea who she really was. I honestly never thought of her as anything but my crazy beautiful friend who does all the crazy beautiful things.
What a treacherous thing it is to believe that a person is more than a person.
Nothing ever happens like you imagine it will," she says. "Yeah, that's true," I say. But then after I think about it for a second, I add, "But then again, if you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 014241493X, Paperback)

Two-time Printz Medalist John Green’s New York Times bestseller and Edgar Award nominee, now in paperback!

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life—dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge— he follows. After their all-nighter ends, and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues— and they’re for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:03 -0400)

One month before graduating from his Central Florida high school, Quentin "Q" Jacobsen basks in the predictable boringness of his life until the beautiful and exciting Margo Roth Spiegelman, Q's neighbor and classmate, takes him on a midnight adventure and then mysteriously disappears.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,727,286 books! | Top bar: Always visible