Paper Towns by John Green

Paper Towns (edition 2009)

by John Green

Member:FelixTheRabbit
Title:Paper Towns
Authors:John Green
Info:Speak (2009), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 320 pages
Collections:To Sell, Give Away, or Otherwise Dispose Of

Paper Towns by John Green

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (kathleen.morrow)
    Looking for Alaska by John Green (chwiggy)
    Reality Check by Peter Abrahams (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: The search for someone missing, a girl friend (Reality Check) and an ideal girl (Paper Towns) becomes a voyage of self-discovery for high school boys in different mysteries, one dialogue-rich and character-driven, the other plot-driven and suspenseful.… (more)
    Winter Town by Stephen Emond (faither)
    To Jaykae: Life Stinx by Jean Davies Okimoto (thesundaybookreport)
    Le Grand Meaulnes by Alain-Fournier (Cecilturtle)
    Cecilturtle: Dnas les deux on retrouve des locaux plus ou moins fictifs dans lesquels les personnages trouvent l'amour
    The Punk and the Professor by Billy Lawrence (Anonymous user)
    Turtles All the Way Down by John Green (chwiggy)
    The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (chwiggy)
    Freaks Like Us by Susan Vaught (Runa)
    Flash Burnout by L. K. Madigan (foggidawn)
    Almost Perfect by Brian Katcher (Runa)
    Runa: Similar endings
    Just One Day by Gayle Forman (FFortuna)
    The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson (FFortuna)
    The Ashford Affair by Lauren Willig (FFortuna)
    FFortuna: "It is easy to forget how full the world is of people, full to bursting, and each of them imaginable and consistently misimagined." - John Green
    As Simple As Snow by Gregory Galloway (Runa)

English (461)  Spanish (9)  Dutch (2)  German (2)  Italian (1)  All languages (475)
I really enjoyed reading this. The characters were all a lot of fun, and the mystery was intriguing. There were a lot of great quotes to be found in this book (both from John Green and from other famous writers, like Whitman). The book gets a little "rambly" at the end, but within the last few pages, it redeems itself. ( )
  Borrows-N-Wants | Sep 23, 2018 |
If this were the only book I'd ever read by John Green, I would wonder what all the fuss was about. His other books are outstanding, Paper Towns was just ok. ( )
  ioplibrarian | Aug 26, 2018 |
In my original review I talked about how much I loved this book, but I really don't anymore. I love John Green and the vlogbrothers, but his books not so much. ( )
  jlydia | Jun 25, 2018 |
Didn't even want to finish it- boring and a repetition of his other stories. ( )
  itswawawhitney | Jun 19, 2018 |
Paper Towns by John Green follows the story of 18 year old, high school senior named Quentin Jacobsen who has loved his neighbor Margot ever since they were little. Q and Margot are in different groups in school, so in turn never very close until one night Margot knocks on Q’s window telling him they're going to get revenge and go on an adventure. They stay up all night, and Q is excited to start talking to Margot at school, but Margot doesn’t show up. Margot goes missing for 3 days and then the police take the case. Soon Q finds clues from Margot that show she is not dead. After searching for Margot relentlessly, Q and his friends finally find Margot in an abandoned barn. Margot then decides to move to New York, and asks Q to go with her, Q decides going isn't the right choice for him. Margot and Q promise to keep in contact.

I enjoyed Paper Towns by John Green a lot. The book was interesting and kept me thinking about where Margot was and why she left. Margot was a very complex and well rounded character that I wish John Green would write another book about Margot. ( )
  AbigailW.G1 | Jun 1, 2018 |
The narration of “Paper Towns” spends too much time in Quentin’s head, which, to be sure, is an entertaining place

John Greenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Frost, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Funfhausen, ChristianCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Miller, Dan JohnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vandervoort, IreneDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And after, when we went outside to look at her finished lantern from the road, I said I liked the way her light shone through the face that flickered in the dark.
—"Jack O'Lantern," Katrina Vandenberg in Atlas
People say friends don't destroy one another What do they know about friends?
—"Game shows Touch Our Lives," The Mountain Goats
To Julie Strauss-Gabel, without whom none of this could have become real.
The way I figure it, everyone gets a miracle.
Here's what's not beautiful about it: from here, you can't see the rust or the cracked paint or whatever, but you can tell what the place really is. You see how fake it all is. It's not even hard enough to be made of plastic. It's a paper town. I mean look at it, Q: look at all those cul-de-sacs, thoses streets that turn in on themselves, all the houses that were built to fall apart. All those paper people living in their paper houses, burning the future to stay warm. All the paper kids drinking beer some bum bought for them at the paper convenience store. Everyone demented with the mania of owning things. All the things paper-thin and paper-frail. And all the people, too. I've lived here for eighteen years and I have never once in my life come across anyone who cares about anything that matters.
Margo was not a miracle. She was not a fine and precious thing. She was a girl.
I like finding stuff out about her. I mean, that I didn't know before. I had no idea who she really was. I honestly never thought of her as anything but my crazy beautiful friend who does all the crazy beautiful things.
What a treacherous thing it is to believe that a person is more than a person.
Nothing ever happens like you imagine it will," she says. "Yeah, that's true," I say. But then after I think about it for a second, I add, "But then again, if you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 014241493X, Paperback)

Two-time Printz Medalist John Green’s New York Times bestseller and Edgar Award nominee, now in paperback!

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life—dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge— he follows. After their all-nighter ends, and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues— and they’re for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:03 -0400)

One month before graduating from his Central Florida high school, Quentin "Q" Jacobsen basks in the predictable boringness of his life until the beautiful and exciting Margo Roth Spiegelman, Q's neighbor and classmate, takes him on a midnight adventure and then mysteriously disappears.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,974,933 books! | Top bar: Always visible