Texas Tea by Maura Anderson

by Maura Anderson

Series: Del Fantasma

411,664,912 (3.5)None

**Courtesy of CK2S Kwips & Kritiques**

Lara Saunders has been travelling to collect photographs and research for her book on lighthouses at a breakneck pace, wearing herself thin. Having secured a tour guide for her last stop to visit a lighthouse in Texas, she isn't prepared for her reaction to the sexy park ranger, Matt Martinez. She'd long given up on the idea of love or a relationship, having found that men just couldn't handle the fact that she sees and talks to ghosts.

But something about Matt is different. She feels inexplicably drawn to him, and her ghosts react to him much more favorably than they have any man she has ever met before. Almost as if they were trying to bring them together...

Matt has secrets of his own, the kind that have left him just as lonely as Lara. His need for her is strong, but can Lara handle the truth of what he is?

I am not really drawn to `ghost stories'. I don't know why, it's just not something I'm really into. I don't dislike them, they are just not usually top of my list unless the plot looks very interesting or the author is one I enjoy. DEL FANTASMA: TEXAS TEA meets both requirements. New author Maura Anderson makes the writing craft look easy with her first published story, and doubtless earned herself a following of her own fans with this sexy little story.

While ghosts are in the story, they do not overwhelm it, they are a very small part of the plot. The focus here is really on our couple, Matt and Lara, and the secrets that they are each certain will prevent them from being together long-term.

Lucky for us readers, they are both very wrong about that! Of course, as with the ghosts and other paranormal supporting characters inhabiting this town, we enjoy the omniscient view that reveals both of their secrets to us, so we know at all times just how perfect this match is.

And if that didn't tell us, then the sexual heat these two cook up together surely would! But as hot as their love scenes are, what really captures the readers' heart is the caring Lara and Matt show each other outside of the bedroom.

TEXAS TEA is a sensual delight sure to charm lovers of paranormal romance and put Maura Anderson on readers' list of authors to watch!
  nashjar | Mar 18, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,314,209 books! | Top bar: Always visible