Five Spring Fairies: A Counting Book with…

Five Spring Fairies: A Counting Book with Flaps and Pop-Ups!

by Joan Holub

731,138,814NoneNone

Summary: This book starts with the crowning of a queen fairy, then shows the jobs of each of the fairies. One controls the rain, the other the rainbows, and another makes the leaves turn green.

Personal Reaction: I enjoyed the illustrations in this book, the fairies were original and the colors were amazing.

Classroom Extension: Give students five toys each and teach them to subtract and count backwards using visual aids.
Ask students to square off a page and draw a picture for each season , and then write down the months that fit in each season.
  JPercival | Sep 7, 2011 |
Summary- The book starts with the crowning of a queen who has five little worker fairies. They leave the group one by one to change something in nature

Personal Reaction- This book would be more set for little girls that are learning to count. I really enjoyed the flaps and pop up so I can imagine that my future kindergarten would like this interactive counting book also.

Class Ext. Ideas-
1. Give each child 5 little abjects to keep with them while I read the book for a visual aid.
2. Since the book incorporates weather I would like to do something with seasons. I have them make 4 squares on a sheet of paper and have each child draw each seasons and put the right months in the box.
  JaceySteed | Sep 7, 2011 |
A book that counts down from 5 fairies to 1 fairy. Each fairy is doing something. It first shows the fairy sitting somewhere and when you open the flap it shows the fairy doing what the text says.

I liked this book. It was a very colorful book with good illustrations. I also enjoyed the pop-ups.

This book could be used for a counting lesson. Counting from 1-5 and counting backwards.
  kwangme81 | Feb 11, 2009 |

Turn the flap and watch Fairies dance while they paint the flowers the colors of spring.

Joan Holub is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Average: No ratings.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,005,984 books! | Top bar: Always visible