The Headhunters by Peter Lovesey

The Headhunters (2008)

by Peter Lovesey

2.5 stars. Unsympathetic characters. Only got interesting near the end. ( )
  Siubhan | Feb 28, 2018 |
This is my least favorite of the Lovesey novels I have read so far, which is not that I don't think it is a fine book. I suppose I prefer the character of Diamond better and the literary backdrops in many of his Diamond books. The character development in this mystery is very fine, great psychological depth. Jake is a great character, as are Jo and Gemma. For some reason this book made me quite edgy. ( )
  lucybrown | Sep 27, 2015 |
Another winner from Lovesey, reminds me of one of his other non-series books - The Reaper - which I read and loved several years ago. This one has a slightly humorous patina too but don't let that fool you, because underneath is a cracking mystery with some believable and likeable characters. ( )
  Ant.Harrison | Apr 28, 2013 |
"The Headhunters" is a thoroughly delightful detective story, old-fashioned in the way that reminds us why we started reading and loving mysteries in the first place.
added by christiguc | editNew York Sun, Otto Penzler (May 28, 2008)

'I could cheerfully murder my boss,' Gemma said.

Chichester CID inspector Henrietta "Hen" Mallin investigates a series of deaths by drowning that may be the work of an ex-con with a suspicious past.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,330,282 books! | Top bar: Always visible