Princeps' Fury by Jim Butcher

Princeps' Fury

by Jim Butcher

Series: Codex Alera (5)

Recently added byprivate library, Paulctof, plexbooks, daveandsara, quondame, Bamu, johngvr

English (35)  German (2)  All (37)
Still like the books and the series. Still lots of action. Still some coming of age. PF might be the slowest of the books even though it is the shortest. It's a bridge between Tavi, the boy from Calderon Valley, and Octavian, the man that will be First Lord. ( )
  lesmel | Aug 12, 2016 |
Book 5 of the Jim Butcher's six-book Codex Alera Series has been read . . I enjoyed it immensely AND, of course, I'm left with a *cliffhanger* that will (most likely) keep me awake at night!! I'm in the midst of two Butcher series (Codex Alera and The Dresden Files) . . . I've learned (the hard way) that at my age (moving toward 66 at breakneck speed) I need to pace myself and do a little preplanning! My memory isn't what it was twenty years ago and by the time my beloved library locates the next book in the series I'm finding that some of the salient details found in the previous book(s) are a bit hazy . . irritating doesn't begin to describe my reaction to THAT particular dilemma! Not to worry . . by the time I'm seventy, I'll have a better process in place! ;)

idajo | May 8, 2016 |
I just love this series, this author and all these characters. This one stepped it up another notch and had me holding my breath at many points in the story. I am so sad that there is only one more book in the series. There is good news, they are nice big books and last.
I can't tell you much without spoiling a fabulous journey. This is a series that must be followed from the beginning. I can tell you that there is huge escalation in the story line, a major character dies, and many truths are uncovered. Where Mr.Butcher takes you is not always where you want to go but dang it, what an exhilarating ride it is. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
This series has progressively gotten better and better. As Tavi comes into his own, he is consistently met with challenges that make him need to get smarter and stronger. Can't wait to read the next and final book in the series. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
This is the 5th book of the Codex Alera and the story was much more intense than the last 4. The entire world looks to be lost and Tavi is doing everything he can to get as many to survive as possible. While he sees the destruction happening to the Carnem, what he doesn't know is that back home isn't doing much better.

This book was a bit shorter and he left more parts unexplained which sped the book up a bit and made it a bit shorter. It also had the affect of ratcheting up the tension in the book.

Another good addition to the series, but I am very curious how the 6th book is going to end. ( )
  readafew | Sep 9, 2015 |

The peaceful fields.

Born in fire,

The light in darkness.

Farewell, mother Roma.

Never again will your sons return.

~A poem, inscribed in stone in the ruins of Appia

Good riddance, gluttonous whore! Victory Germania!

~An addendum to the poem, scratched in far cruder letters.
For Shannon and JJ, who make life worth all the fuss and bother
Prologue

"This way, my lord!" screamed the young Knight Aeris, beckoning as he altered the direction of his windstream and dived through the twilight sky.
Max shook his head. "There's something broken inside your skull, Calderon. You do all your thinking sideways." (p. 10)

Unabridged CDs ? 16 CDs, 20 hours

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:28 -0400)

Tavi of Calderon, now recognized as Princeps Gaius Octavian and heir to the crown, has achieved a fragile alliance with Alera's oldest foes, the savage Canim. But when Tavi and his legions guide the Canim safely to their lands, his worst fears are realized.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,723,136 books! | Top bar: Always visible