A Dangerous Man (Zebra Historical Romance)…

A Dangerous Man (Zebra Historical Romance)

by Janmarie Anello

YAY, another author to watch. Janmarie Anello's "A Dangerous Man" is my second read by this author and just an enjoyable and moving as the first.

Richard is outraged that he must acquiesce to a blackmailer and marry a merchant's daughter in order to protect his family. But from his first glimpse of Leah, he's struck by her beauty and it doesn't take long for him to realize she's just another pawn in her father's plans. But Richard was fooled by love before and still suffers from the memory and he has no intention of developing deep feelings for this woman.

Leah can't believe what her father has done now. She's being bartered away to fulfill her father's dreams of the future without regard for her feelings. Surely this Duke will help her resist her father's plans? But when Leah discovers the difference between love for a friend and love for a mate, will it matter? Plots and schemes swirl around her while she fights to win her husband's love.

Anello writes with feeling and a touch of melodrama. She 'feels' like a less-experience writer and there are certainly weaknesses in plotting and pacing. Yet she somehow manages to keep me reading through the occasional eyebrow lift and yes, even though I know how the story will play out, I come to care for her characters and want to see them triumph despite of that. She can play on my emotions and draw me into the story and that makes her an author to watch for me.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any information regarding her next release, but I did add Anello's name to my watchlist. ( )
  jjmachshev | Mar 19, 2009 |
Former mistresses try to cause problems for the H/h. ( )
  kazzie22 | Feb 28, 2009 |
The heroine realizes she loves the hero, about whom she knew nothing, a day after their hasty marriage - WHAT? Not at all a believable story of love at first sight. ( )
  aznstarlette | Nov 16, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,617,176 books! | Top bar: Always visible