Super Brain: 101 Easy Ways to a More Agile…

Super Brain: 101 Easy Ways to a More Agile Mind

by Carol Vorderman

20None515,329 (4.25)None

No reviews

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159240345X, Paperback)

International Sudoku expert and bestselling author Carol Vorderman brings her proven and addictive mental workouts to anyone seeking a sharper memory and better concentration skills.

"In childhood and the early years of our adult lives we have information pumped into our brain whether we like it or not and then ... nothing. After formal education and work-related training the brain is left to get on with it and is largely ignored. For much of our lives our brains operate as if on autopilot, thinking and reacting in the same way, even if this isn't getting us what we want. This book can change all that."
—Carol Vorderman, Super Brain

Do you find it hard to put names to faces? Does your mind wander? Do you often lose focus and feel less productive in the afternoon? Do you struggle with simple math? Or walk into a room having forgotten what you meant to do there? You are not alone—and SUPER BRAIN can help. Like the rest of your body, your brain responds to a good workout. Yet few of us take time for mental gymnastics.

Your brain is a stupendous living thing, able to repair itself and to create new pathways of thought and memory. The more you stimulate and exercise your mind by trying out different ways of thinking, the better your powers of concentration, memory, creativity and overall mental agility will become, and remain, regardless of age and natural abilities. But if you don't use it, you lose it. Your brain needs looking after.

Carol Vorderman has degree in Engineering from Cambridge and she has been honored with an MBE for her outstanding contributions to British society. She is one of the most famous women on British television and her bestselling Sudoku puzzle books are proof that we're all eager to reclaim our gray matter and have a good time doing it. SUPER BRAIN is a brain fitness handbook that makes memory training fun, and it incorporates exercises and lifestyle tips, foods, strategies, and habits that will best support a strong, healthy mind. It's not just about improving memory, concentration, and problem-solving abilities-- it's about enhancing all aspects of your mind and changing your life for the better.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:19 -0400)

Boosting your brain power doesn't have to mean studying hard or becoming a reclusive bookworm. This book is packed with tricks, techniques and habits, as well as changes to lifestyle, diet and behaviour. It offers positive strategies to boost your memory, improve your powers of concentration and enhance creativity.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,901,805 books! | Top bar: Always visible