Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? by Martin…

Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (1988)

by Martin Waddell, Barbara Firth (Illustrator)

Recently added byAR_bookbird, TrinityPatriots, beweenglish, private library, carleyelrac, vlstokes, MaynardFRC

English (18)  Dutch (1)  All languages (19)
3 1/2 stars. Cute book where Big Bear tries to get Little Bear to sleep but Little Bear is scared of the dark so big Bear must find a solution. The art was nice but I felt the ending could have been executed better. Still, a sound read for bedtime.

Honestly I think I enjoyed this more than the kids with how Big Bear wants to get back to his book but he patiently puts Little Bear to bed each time. Something any parent can relate to. ( )
  jljaina | May 16, 2015 |
Little Bear is afraid of the dark and has a difficult time trying to fall asleep. Big Bear brings Little Bear multiple sources of night lights until the dark is all gone, but Little bear is still afraid. Big Bear takes him outside and shows him the moon and the stars to show Little Bear that there is always a "nightlight" on, and the dark is nothing to be afraid of. ( )
  rhigginbotham | Oct 24, 2014 |
This book is about a little bear who is afraid to go to sleep, because he is afraid of the dark. His mother helps him to not be afraid. I really liked this book. It had a good flow, and was pretty interesting. I read this book to a couple of second grade boys and they were hanging on to every word. ( )
  SamanthaMulkey | Apr 24, 2014 |
I liked this book. I liked the characters in the story because the relationship between Big Bear and Little Bear showed Big Bear comforting Little Bear in the dark just how any parent would comfort his or her child. I also liked the climax of the story when Big Bear took Little Bear outside in the dark to see the moonlight because the moon shines bright and makes it not so dark anymore. The main message of this story is that parents will do anything for their child to make him or her feel safe. ( )
  lpicke2 | Mar 3, 2014 |
Loved this book since I was a child. I was glad to get to re-read it.
  Ashabani | Jun 11, 2013 |

Martin Waddellprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Firth, BarbaraIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
For Rachel Claire M.W.
For Genevieve and Asher B.F.
Once there were two bears. Big Bear and Little Bear.

good story

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:17 -0400)

When bedtime comes Little Bear is afraid of the dark, until Big Bear brings him lights and love.

Candlewick Press

5 editions of this book were published by Candlewick Press.

Editions: 1564022625, 0763619299, 1564025551, 0763624241, 0763635375

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,870,252 books! | Top bar: Always visible