Lethal Deception (Amazon Adventure Series…

Lethal Deception (Amazon Adventure Series #1) (Steeple Hill Love Inspired…

by Lynette Eason

This book is listed as a "Love Inspired Suspense Riveting Inspirational Romance" and I must say is lived up to each and every adjective! It places you in the middle of the Amazon jungle at the very beginning with a kidnapping, and a suspenseful rescue. But the suspense doesn't leave you even though you think everyone is finally safe. It may be a small book but it was a full and complete story and I enjoyed myself very much.

Cassidy McKnight find herself in South America to pick up and child at an orphanage who has lost her parents and needs a home. She finds herself kidnapped with no rescue in sight. Gabe Sinclair, a former Navy SEAL guy, is asked to go and rescue her. When Gabe finds her, rescues both her and the child, and brings them home he thinks his job is done. But someone is out to do Cassidy harm and Gabe must protect her without falling in love with her and her sweet little orphaned child.

I liked Cassidy's attitude toward it all, "I don't understand God all the time. If I did, I wouldn't need faith. So, I'm going to exercise my faith and trust that God had something good come from all of the horror. I may never know what it is, but I'm trusting He'll let me in on it one day in heaven." I am looking forward to reading the next story in this series, "River of Secrets". ( )
  judyg54 | May 26, 2013 |
This little book was packed with action, suspense and romance.

The story centers around Gabe Sinclair a former SEAL who is now a Dr., and Cassidy McKnight a wealthy girl who has turned her life around.

While in South America to retrieve a child she promised to act as guardian for she is kidnapped. Cassidy's dad sends Gabe to bring her back. Gabe really doesn't want to do it for three reasons...one, he remembers her as a spoiled rich girl, two, he knows what happened with Cassidy's brother Micah (also a SEAL) but can't tell her because it would put other SEAL teams in danger and three, he has always harbored feelings for her.

He does agree to go however, and is successful in bringing them back to the states. But when attempts on her life continue, he enlists the help of a detective friend. Gabe has a need to protect her but will they find out who is behind the attempts before it's too late.

This is a great book. Just when you think you have it figured out...another twist. It keeps you turning pages. ( )
  love2readnovels | May 6, 2009 |
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
                              ---Romans 15:13
Dedicated to Jesus Christ

Thanks to:

My husband Jack. I love you, appreciate you, respect you and thank God for you.

My children, Lauryn and Will, who understand when Mom orders takeout for supper---six nights a week.

My parents, Lewis and Lou Jean Barker, brother Lande, and in-laws Bill and Diane Eason. Jason and Jennifer Dorris. You guys are great!

My grandma, Freda Trowbridge, in Amarillo, Texas.

My fellow teachers and coworkers at the South Carolina for the Deaf and Blind. You guys are awesome!

Shirlee McCoy, Ginny Aiken and Dee Henderson. Thank you!

Brandilyn Collins for posting me on her blog! Check out February 28, 2007 at www.brandilyncollins.com!

ACFW. You're fabulous.

To the girls: Margaret Hall, Dawn Barnes, Joni Quinn, Becky Smith, Tracy Krout & Sarah Couch.

Eastside Spartanburg Martial Arts. You're a blessing! And you don't look at me weird when I come to watch my kids' karate classes with a laptop in hand.

To my home church, Northgate Baptist, and my new church, New Life Baptist Fellowship.

Jesse and Carolyn Hartley. Jesse, keep writing, you're next!
March 2
Early afternoon
Brazilian orphanage

Danger hung heavy in the air around her. It was time to go. Instinct, a nudging from God or just plain common sense told her the time was now.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373442807, Mass Market Paperback)

Who wanted her dead?

Having rescued Cassidy McKnight from kidnappers in South America, Gabe Sinclair thought his job was done. Not that the former Navy SEAL could ever forget the brave, beautiful single mother. But when the danger followed her home, Gabe promised to protect her. Why anyone would want to kill Cassidy was a mystery. Was the motive related to the orphaned toddler Cassidy was raising, a sweet little girl who brought out the father figure in maverick Gabe? Or did a newly revealed family secret have killer consequences?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:16 -0400)

Former Navy SEAL Gabe Sinclair believes that Cassidy McKnight is safe after he rescued her from kidnappers in South America, but when she returns home, her life is in danger again when a family secret is revealed.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,072,831 books! | Top bar: Always visible