Mindfulness and The Art of Choice: Transform…

Mindfulness and The Art of Choice: Transform Your Life

by Karen H. Sherman

Mindfulness and the Art of Choice 2nd Edition by By Karen H. Sherman, PHD
Would you like to Transform Your Life? Reading this book you will learn how to consider that there are options in how you think or see things. This will help you heal your past issues. This book will teach you how to adopt an imaginative way to move through life by being in a process that is always "at choice." The fact is that you cannot change another person, you can’t make expect a hope that a situation will change because this leads to you feeling disappointed, angry, helpless and resentful. This leads to drama and you need to change yourself and bring back harmony to your life.
In part one it will teach you how it works. We are more technologically oriented than in the past generations and the benefits of technology today can work against you because you feel hurried, hectic, frantic, and have too many things to do. There is not enough time in the day to do all we need. The book will teach us to make our decisions based on the choice that we choose and not be bogged down with others and technology.
In the second chapter it will tell us the ways in which you feel on auto pilot and how to break free of it. If you want to get off the roller coaster ride of mindlessness where you don't have to think, this guide will show you how to turn around your life and heal past issues.
The book gives wonderful exercises that anyone can follow as well. I really enjoyed reading the book, but realize that to work all the exercises that it will take longer to pour out thoughts and get them done. This book will make a difference in your life by helping you understand why you have not been able to achieve the life you want, how to turn off old negative thought patterns, learn to heal emotional wounds and most of all how to deal with everyday issues that get in the way of a more joyous life. If you like self-help and healing yourself of emotional baggage this book will transform your mind. I would like to thanks review the book dot com for letting me have a copy of this book for my review.
© 2016 Jackie Paulson ( )
  JackiePaulson1 | Aug 26, 2016 |
Mindfulness and the Art of Choice 2nd Editon
BY Karen H. Sherman, PHD

This book will teach you how to adopt an imaginative way to move through life by being in a process that is always “at choice.”
In part one it will teach you how it works. We are more technologically equipt and the benefits of technology today can work against you because you feel hurried, hectic, frantic, and have too many things to do. There is not enough time in the day to do all we need. The book will teach us to make our decisions based on the choice that we choose and not be bogged down with others and technology. ( )
  jackie1966 | Sep 2, 2012 |
“Mindfulness and the Art of Choice” By Karen Sherman
A self help that can transform your life
Dr. Sherman reaches out to the core of change. Mindfulness brings people into the present. It helps them look at their problems from a different perspective so that change is possible. The first chapter talks about what a crazy, obsessive world we live in. The first step is recognizing that that world exists!
Sherman presents how unhealthy our thinking can be. Negatively can set into our minds and bodies like concrete casting an angry, unhappy life for many. Stress and unrealistic expectations affect many, resulting in a complete shut down of rational thought. She discuses how many people are afraid, becoming emotionally impaired and "stuck." If you are unable to change your life, your beliefs can miserably spiral you downward. She explores ways you can change your fate and control your life. Ways to enjoy a happier life.
She teaches you how to be aware of what the real root of your problems may stem from.
She teaches you how to approach your issues from a different, much healthier perspective that allows that concrete wall to come down so that moving forward is possible...moving forward with a more grounded foundation to problems and conflict. Her exercises can help you-step by step- identify your troubles and reach into yourself to uncover the true emotion that is preventing your growth and self actualization.
I particularly liked her assessment of "The Solution" Quieting the Nosy Mind." We are sometimes to busy minded--too much drama- to be in the now, and to uncover how our body truly feels, and what our true emotions are regarding our issues. She helps you get there. She makes you aware of paralyzing self judgments that keep repeating in your head. She helps you "throw them out." She offers a "door way to freedom." One that allows you to think and feel in alternatives and in choices. She reveals the "art" of choice, helping you make healthier decisions to fixating problems.
I learned that everything is a choice and that how we look at ourselves affects how we look at the world. We control our destiny. We choose to be sad, happy or grateful.
Sherman gives you meaning back to your life in a very easy, simplistic process of self recovery. She shares many usable techniques for the layperson. Techniques and self discovery tools you would find in any therapists office.

I received a complimentary copy of “Mindfulness and the Art of Choice”. ( )
  kathieoc | Jun 9, 2010 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I would echo what some of the other reviewers have said about this book...it was plodding and I made a "mindful choice" to skim through it, hoping something would draw me in. Good title, not so good treatment of this topic. ( )
  ellengryphon | Dec 4, 2008 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I wanted to like this book since I received it through the LibraryThing Early Reviewers program, but unfortunately I did not enjoy it. The second-person address was especially off-putting -- for example "...each of these addictions allow you to disconnect from your feelings" (p. 64). The book might be useful to someone in therapy who doesn't read much but wants some written exercises to do. ( )
  albanyhill | Sep 4, 2008 |

Do You Have the Life You Want? Each person is entitled to have "the good life." Most don't experience this because of getting caught up in reacting, continually recycling old patterns that keep you stuck and emotionally frozen. By practicing the simple tools in Mindfulness and the Art of Choice, you'll learn how to live mindfully and create the great life you want.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Karen H. Sherman's book Mindfulness and The Art of Choice: Transform Your Life was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Loving Healing Press

3 editions of this book were published by Loving Healing Press.

Editions: 1932690514, 1615990321, 1615999450

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,436,195 books! | Top bar: Always visible