FrameShifting: A Path to Wholeness by David…

FrameShifting: A Path to Wholeness

by David K. Banner

1910537,190 (3.05)1

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Frameshifting is an accessible collection of tools and strategies which enhance spiritual growth, based on the author's life experiences. Narrow in focus, but perhaps helpful to beginners. ( )
  KatsBooks | Jul 19, 2016 |
Title of Book: Frameshifting
Author: David K. Banner PhD was raised in Ft. Worth, Texas and with an agnostic father and an Episcopalian mother.
ISBN Number: 9978-1-932690-55-2
Publisher: Loving Healing Press
Genre/Market: Philosophy/Metaphysics
Publication Date: 2011
Book Length: 152 Pages
Price: $19.95
Soft copy
5 Out of 5 points
Headline for Book Review: Master your ego and conquer your personality.
When Loving Healing Press released a copy of this book for me to review I couldn’t wait to learn more about this book.
QUOTE: “Taking care of the interests of others is the best form of selfishness.” Dalai Lama
This book walks you through:
• Discovering your unknown limiting beliefs
• Achieve higher stages of our consciousness
• Breaking free from the boundaries of the ego
• Understanding people in your life more empathetically
• Become spiritually aware and grow

It explores the ego and consciousness and how we need to let go of our ego which wants to control our current beliefs, attitude, and values. To discover our divine self it is important to understand how our minds, ego and personalities work. What I enjoyed most was the part on page 92 which covers the Enneagram. The Enneagram is the nine personality types that each of us fall under atleast one of them. I learned that I am the #1 type which is the Reformer. I also found that if you study these you can learn about your relationships and be able to understand them more. I would recommend this book to those who wish to learn about our Ego’s, our Personalities, Metaphysics and Philosophy. Written by Jackie Paulson © 2011
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2ZCUS7EPH8M9Y/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm ( )
  jackie1966 | Nov 15, 2011 |
What is the journey to spiritual awakening like?
Banner shares his path of spiritual awakening. Having been a management consultant, you would think he would be stoic, rigid, “business like”… but I found his writing to be truly that of a free spirit. He takes you on his journey, sharing the higher teachings he received along the way. This book is filled with quotes and passages from other healers and teachers. That was one of the best parts of this book. It is refreshing to be so close to the wide words of other spiritual giants. His reference to “frame shifting” seems to me to be his journey to self actualization…the never ending process. Banner shares the ups and downs, the personal, and the professional sides of his life. He brings you into his fold. He willingly shares his mistakes, and how he learned from them. He teaches you to trust yourself. The book is written in a somewhat disjointed fashion as it really is a chronological diary of his experiences. He summarizes many spiritual teachings based on his experience. He discusses a subject and what happened to him, giving his subjective view of what worked for him, but he does such a broad brush stroke approach of sharing it and then, quickly moves on. He covers such a wide variety of topics, I found myself lost at times.
He encourages all of us to remove our shackled egos and reach for higher consciousness. He encourages you to be in the moment. He shares many of his “ah ha” moments with his readers. I applaud his sharing of all these moments with us. The reading is light and I learned about many forms and spiritual methodologies but the book is not written tightly. It is all over the place. My feeling is that the book is like the author-- in a sense -- refreshing to learn about someone so passionate about climbing the self awakening ladder. I enjoyed several of the passages from the Dalai Lama, Kahil Gibran, and Mother Teresa.
He identifies frame shifting tools like Network Spinal Analysis, and shamanism that have helped him mentally grow. Once said, he does not elaborate. This book was really about the author sharing all of the self help tools he has utilized. He describes his experiences with EST, as a shaman, as a Vietnam vet, peace activist, professor, and business consultant. This author is driven and I believe he shares his zealousness and tools so that others may benefit. He jumped around a lot in his life (so far) and on his spiritual journey…nothing wrong with that. It’s just not a good guidance tool for a novice seeking spirituous enlightenment, but you will respect his drive and his love of the pursuit of it,
I received a complimentary review copy. ( )
  kathieoc | Aug 31, 2010 |
Frame Shifting: A Path
To Wholeness
Author: David K. Banner
Publisher: Loving Healing Press
ISBN: 978-1-932690-55-2

We all know what we are supposed to do with our lives in general: achieve success, work hard, obey the law, honor our responsibilities and commitments, etc.. But in our society, most of us are not really given the answer to how to get there and how to define this often elusive success for ourselves. What about personal happiness and a sense of purpose? How do you come to define who you are and what gives you that sense of purpose and fulfillment? David Banner undertook a long, winding and often arduous journey within himself and successfully found his answer. We are fortunate that he chose to share this personal journal with us, and give us a blueprint for our own search for purpose and fulfillment.

A buzzword in the business world now is "paradigm". The concept of paradigm is a set of beliefs or mental models that limit what you can see, and limit your area of experience and reference to what you do see. If you can't see it, you don't know it's there. Similar to looking out a standard window; you are limited to a specific viewing region. What you see out that single window is limited, but what you see out a bay window is a larger view with more dimensions. Actually step outdoors instead, and your view is greatly increased and clearer, with more available directions to look, and no restrictions by the frame of the window to block your view. It's a bigger frame on the picture, so to speak that adds to your view, thus the title of this outstanding work, "Frame Shifting".

Step by step and with detailed instructions and thorough explanation, Banner covers subjects that include ego, the development of the ego, the laws of attraction, empathy, attunement, emotion, roleplaying, vision, God, spirituality and more. I especially appreciated the fact that while written with a view of God and spirituality, it doesn't endorse or embrace any particular dogma or doctrine. This makes the book applicable to such a wide range of people and the various life experiences and beliefs they may hold. It would indeed be a pity for a book this well written to exclude anyone. The number of people searching for just this kind of guidance is huge, and it's great approach and innovative view is a welcome addition to the current available studies in philosophy.

I would heartily recommend this book without reservation. It offers a rare clarity into the journey of human existence and personal fufillment. I hope it garners the attention it deserves. ( )
  crazypsychobooklover | Apr 14, 2010 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
More spiritual memoir than guidebook, FrameShifting takes you along on Mr. Banner's personal journey looking for enlightenment. Many of the concepts he talked about were already familiar to me, but I did find it a nice reminder of ideas I hadn't thought about consciously for a while. I was disappointed that he didn't go into greater detail on some of the techniques, and I found the lack of good editing in some spots a little distracting. But on the whole, I felt this could be inspirational to others on a similar spiritual journey. ( )
  moderatrix8 | Jul 29, 2009 |

Ever wonder why certain events allow you to expand your consciousness or alter who you think you are beyond what you normally experience? Through the power of Frameshifting, I'll show you how you can have access to this experience at any time, without adopting, changing, or fixing your beliefs! Along the way, I share with you personal experiences I've had that triggered this shift in me. With the tools provided in this book, you can have these shifts too. Discover unspoken limiting beliefs Achieve higher stages of consciousness Break free from the boundaries of ego, understand people in your life empathically, experience the pure joy of spiritual growth.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

David K. Banner's book FrameShifting: A Path to Wholeness was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Loving Healing Press

3 editions of this book were published by Loving Healing Press.

Editions: 1932690557, 1615990283, 1615999353

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,598,949 books! | Top bar: Always visible