Tempting Evil (Prison Break, Book 2) by…

Tempting Evil (Prison Break, Book 2) (edition 2008)

by Allison Brennan

Member:nicola1178
Title:Tempting Evil (Prison Break, Book 2)
Authors:Allison Brennan
Info:Ballantine Books (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Tags:Romantic Suspense Fiction

Tempting Evil by Allison Brennan

Recently added byrena75, private library, JPMichaels

Started April 07th, 2014.
Too much romance, and I now see a pattern in the endings.
One nice sex-szene, very late in the book and for my taste also just too long, and more or less plain, with a massage if you are into such things, non-kinky.
Predictable, so only 3 stars.
Nice look in the head of two killers.
Will read something different before finishing with the "Prison Break" Trilogy.
If I am right, the later books from her are better, but maybe I just read to many back2back and in too little time.
Still a recommendation, but not so much as some of the others. ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |
Good romantic suspense with lots of fast paced action. It was interesting how the plot jumped into the middle of the romance concentrating on the heroine's growth and hero's steadfastness. An escaped convict is obsessed with writer Jo and sheriff Tyler is trying to catch him.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Tempting Evil is a romantic suspense novel and certainly lived up to the genre. Yes it is similar to others I've read, but the characters are so well written that I just love reading these books. Joanna Sutton and Tyler McBride are the main characters. Aaron Doherty and Hans Vigo are secondary characters. For me the characters couldn't get any more real. Aaron is convinced that Joanna loves him because she has written romance novels that he feels were only for him. When in reality she doesn't know he even exists. He will do anything to get her to come with him. I really liked Tyler, I'm a sucker for strong yet understanding men. Tyler stops at nothing to save Joanna, but at the same time is willing to wait until she is ready for their relationship to move to the next level. I liked Joanna, she was willing to do anything for the people she cared about.

For me Romance Novels, no matter what specific kind they are, all have an underlying point that love conquers all. If your love is true and strong you can handle anything. I love a happy ending. :) It was really hard for me to spend so much time in Aaron's head. Experiencing his convoluted sense of what is actually going on. I think that could have been one of the reasons why it took me so long to read. Allison Brennan's writing style is really clear and always enjoyable to read. I wasn't really emotional during this book. Sometimes a little frustration crept up in regards to Aaron, but he is written as a character your not supposed to like. This books is part of the Prison Break Series and I will be continuing on to the next book. I would recommend this to anyone that enjoys "Cop Thrillers". ( )
  Krisrich85 | Oct 8, 2013 |
beach book ( )
  deequa | Jan 19, 2013 |
This is the second book in the trilogy.

There is so much happening in this novel. There is a woman trying to continue her life after her son and husband whom were killed tragically. We have the escaped prisoner who has become infatuated with a romantic novelist, a cabin in the woods in the middle of a snowstorm, a sheriff’s duty to catch the prisoner, needing to save the woman he has grown to care about and innocent people that cross the prisoner’s path. We have people trying to survive this unthinkable ordeal.

Now, that I have finished the book I have to admit that it was a fantastic read. There were times when I thought it dragged on a bit, but it soon recovered and became so intense that it was difficult to put the book down.

From what I have read about this author, I am impressed and will continue to look for her books. ( )
  callmejacx | Jul 3, 2012 |
For my grandpas, Milton Turner and Karl Hoffman.
Both men of few words and big hearts.
PROLOGUE
Eighteen months ago

"I should have killed the bitch when I had the chance."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345502728, Mass Market Paperback)

BIG DIE COUNTRY

Joanna Sutton can cope with the fierce winter storm bearing down on the small rural community of Centennial Valley, Montana; the popular romance writer has survived much worse in life. Haunted by the loss of her husband and child, Jo has found refuge at her family’s secluded lodge, but her haven soon becomes a hell. During the ferocious blizzard, a local Boy Scout troop is stranded in the wilderness, compelling Jo to spearhead a desperate rescue mission, aided by a newly arrived stranger with an unknown agenda.

Meanwhile, Sheriff Tyler McBride hears that three escaped convicts are fast approaching Big Sky Country. Hoping to warn Jo, he faxes over the men’s mug shots. But they never reach their intended recipient. Then Tyler makes a shocking discovery: Two people are dead, and a killer is among the group, along with the woman Tyler loves, searching for his lost son.

More than one innocent life is at stake. For the sake of those Jo cares about most, and for her own survival, she’ll need all the cunning, courage, and passion she can muster to survive the mounting terror.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:20 -0400)

Struggling to recover from the loss of her husband and child, Joanna Sutton seeks refuge at her family's secluded Montana lodge, until she is called in to join the search for a local Boy Scout troop, stranded in the wilderness by a blizzard, a rescue mission that brings her face to face with local sheriff Tyler McBride and a cunning killer.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,418,567 books! | Top bar: Always visible