Weddings Can Be Murder (Love Spell…

Weddings Can Be Murder (Love Spell Contemporary Romanc) (edition 2008)

by Christie Craig

Title:Weddings Can Be Murder (Love Spell Contemporary Romanc)
Authors:Christie Craig
Info:Love Spell (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 356 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:TBR, Romance

Weddings Can Be Murder by Christie Craig

This wasn't particularly great or memorable, but it was a very entertaining read.
Rating: 7/10 ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
I really didn't like this book. It was a good story and had potential, but was written like the author was a pubescent male. I had no idea there were so many ways to say someone's "manliness was as hard as a stone". The sex talk, thoughts and acts got very tiring. I found myself wanting to know more about the killer than those he was after. Maybe so I could help him put all of these rutting characters out of my misery. I suspect Playgirl and Playboy stories are more subtle than this. Keep you day job, Ms. Craig. ( )
  CarmenMilligan | Jan 18, 2016 |
This started of excellently, but seemed to slowly go downhill as the story progressed. The dialogue between Katie and Carl was entertaining and, by and large, the laughs were aplenty, but I really didn't appreciate reading about Katie's nervous vomiting habit. Overall this could have been so much better. ( )
  gogglemiss | Jun 16, 2015 |
Funny and sort-of-scary*. Fast paced. Tightly written. The characters ring true without being overblown. Yes, the character conflict isn't original; but it's well played. I would easily read another book by Christie Craig.

* Not Jack the Ripper scary or Ted Bundy scary...but Wow-That-Could-Really-Happen scary. ( )
  lesmel | May 21, 2013 |
A fun romance/mystery story with dueling couples. Lots of build up and tension - a little let down at the quick ending though. A great vacation/beach read! ( )
  robindejarnett | Feb 15, 2011 |
This is dedicated to my husband whose endless support and encouragement have been the springboard to my achieving my dreams of publication. Steve, I love you the whole world. (Did I mention you enough this time?)
Yesterday, Carl Hades had been shot at by a man wearing a black thong and a pink silk nightie.

Till Deaths Do You Part... Katie Ray was about to marry a man she didn't love -- and who didn't love her. Even losing her $8,000 engagement ring wasn't enough of a sign to call things off. What did it take? Being locked in the closet with a sexy PI, and being witness to murder. ...Or They Bring You Together Carl Hades hardly wanted to be shackled with another man's soon-to-be-wife, especially when the gorgeous redhead stirred emotions he'd avoided for years. He'd been hired by an elite Houston wedding planner to investigate some missing brides. When those brides turned up dead, Carl saw where the whole situation was headed: just like Katie's wedding ring and her ceremony, right down the toilet. Because, while Katie was suddenly and delightfully available, he had a feeling she was next in line to die. And before he could ask her to say "I do," he had to know who would say "I did it." Bonus Content: At the end of the book, get a sneak peek at New York Times-bestselling Christie Craig's newest contemporary romance, BLAME IT ON TEXAS, due out from Forever Books on August 28th! Read on for a preview of her recent release, MURDER, MAYHEM AND MAMA, available now in paperback and ebook! AND as an added bonus, you'll also get a look at the first few chapters of BORN AT MIDNIGHT, the first book in the New York Time-bestselling YA paranormal series, Shadow Falls, that Christie is writing as C. C. Hunter!! BORN AT MIDNIGHT, AWAKE AT DAWN and TAKEN AT DUSK are currently available from St. Martin's Griffin wherever books are sold. WHISPERS AT MOONRISE releases on October 2nd!!… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,842,703 books! | Top bar: Always visible