Shimura Trouble by Sujata Massey

Shimura Trouble

by Sujata Massey

Series: Rei Shimura Novels (10)

Behold the Many by Lois-Ann Yamanaka (cransell)
    cransell: If you are interested in reading more about immigrant workers in early-20th Century Hawaii, here is another (also fictional) look at that experience.

I've missed a book out of this series. I think I'd got tired of it really as I suspect I could have got hold of the last one if I'd tried harder. I think the author was tired of the series too as this one pretty much completes it. I didn't much like the ending, the only bit where the book really came alive for me was in the middle where an old character turned up for a cameo.

Actually I think if Sujata Massey did write another book about Rei it could be quite interesting given the changes that came about in this one. But this one's little but an end-of-show party. ( )
  nocto | Sep 16, 2011 |
The latest in the Rei Shimura mystery series, Rei accompanies her father, uncle and cousin to Oahu to meet with a long lost relative and gets involved in an arson investigation. Hugh blows in briefly to visit when he thinks she's dangerously ill. In the end she marries new beau Michael Hendricks. ( )
  CynthiaBelgum | Jan 31, 2010 |
Taattua laatua sarjan lukijoille. Japani-faneja harmittanee maisemanvaihdos, mutta japanilaispiireissä edelleenkin liikutaan. ( )
  virpiloi | Jun 16, 2009 |
A big step back up from Girl in a Box, this felt more like some of the earlier books. Massey has also gotten rid of the ridiculous notion of Rei as a spy...something that simply did not fit the character.

According to her Web site, this is the last of the Rei Shimura books. ( )
  TadAD | Nov 16, 2008 |
This time Rei is in Hawaii to visit with some long lost distant cousins, and learns a lot about conditions on plantations in the early 19th century, as well as what happened to her relatives during the war, and the current state of affairs in Hawaii. The book was interesting and Rei got into her usual amount of dangerous trouble. A good read. ( )
  Scrabblenut | Apr 12, 2008 |

Sujata Masseyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Korhonen, PaulaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 184751054X, Paperback)

A Rei Shimura Mystery - During a family reunion on the island of Oahu, Japanese-American undercover spy Rei Shimura is roped into helping the Hawaiian branch of her family regain land stolen from them during World War II. But when fire sweeps the island and her young cousin is accused of arson, Rei, with the assistance of both her boyfriend and ex-lover, must discover the truth, which turns out to be linked to the Shimura family history . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:46 -0400)

During a family reunion on the island of Oahu, Japanese-American undercover spy Rei Shimura is roped into helping the Hawaiian branch of her family regain land stolen from them during World War II. When fire sweeps the island and her young cousin is accused of arson, Rei, with the assistance of both her boyfriend and ex-lover, must discover the truth, which turns out to be linked to the Shimura family history.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,092,496 books! | Top bar: Always visible