Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Little Birds by Anaïs Nin

Little Birds (1979)

by Anaïs Nin

Recently added by-__-, sebastiantrivino, llouk, alliscat, unapersson, alexdavies, cayeaman, JLMeads, private library
Legacy LibrariesJack Layton

English (18)  Spanish (2)  Hebrew (1)  French (1)  All languages (22)
I finished this one 50% out of curiosity and 50% because I just wanted to be done with it cause it's pretty short and it's not worth it to spend days reading it. The stories are pretty boring to be honest. It's the first time I read an Anais Nin book and maybe I will check others out when I'm in the mood for it but I had some high expectations of this book and I don't really know why. Anyways I don't really recommend it. ( )
  Denicbt | Feb 5, 2018 |
Months later I have come back to leave a short formal review on this collection of short stories.
Right away you are face to face with ICKY sex content. I don't enjoy that subject.
However Anais Nin seems to write with an quilled pen of class and eloquence, it is a strong mature adult content written by a lady who drinks strawberry tea with her crumpets. I adore her.
(using the same review for Delta Of Venus and Little Birds as I feel they are intertwined) ( )
  XoVictoryXo | May 31, 2016 |
Erotica at its classiest. Anaïs Nin explores forbidden facets of sexuality through a series of short stories in Little Birds, and in doing so rejects a reduction of the characters' sexual urges as mere instances of fetichism. By unlacing the intricacies of female sexuality in a manner so poetic, Nin produces erotic writing so full of finesse. I can only wish for people to be introduced to sexuality through beautiful literature such as this, as the fictional characters in this work are undoubtedly subjective in their experiences, but consequentially experience realms of sexuality that are unique to who they are. Readers are invited to dip into the most bewitching and lyrical waters of erotica where sexual imagination produces transformative instances of reflexivity. ( )
  biblio-empire | May 24, 2016 |
This is a collection of erotic short stories. The best way I can describe the effect of this book on the reader comes from Nin’s own words in the preface. She comments that most writers of erotica do not set out to write such material; they are driven to it by the need for money. “Most of the erotica was written on empty stomachs.” She goes on to note that hunger will stimulate the imagination. But she also cautions that if “you get too hungry, too continuously, you become a bum…” I found some analogy in reading these stories. One or two a day was enough. More than that, and I felt nauseatingly full.

Fair warning to readers: There are graphic sex scenes here, and while most are typical male/female encounters between consenting adults, a few of the stories include very distasteful and/or disturbing practices (including pedophilia). ( )
  BookConcierge | Feb 2, 2016 |
Lyric, subtle explorations into sex and the emotions. Very tactile. ( )
  dbsovereign | Jan 26, 2016 |

Anaïs Ninprimary authorall editionscalculated
Glaser, MiltonCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Is contained in

Contains

Manuel and his wife were poor, and when they first looked for an apartment in Paris, they found only two dark rooms below the street level, giving on to a small stifling courtyard.
Do not add/combine if Delta of Venus is included.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:52 -0400)

Overview: Evocative and superbly erotic, Little Birds is a powerful journey into the mysterious world of sex and sensuality. From the beach towns of Normandy to the streets of New Orleans, these thirteen vignettes introduce us to a covetous French painter, a sleepless wanderer of the night, a guitar-playing gypsy, and a host of others who yearn for and dive into the turbulent depths of romantic experience. Few women writers dare celebrate the sexual experience as fully as Anais Nin. Taking off where Delta of Venus left off, Little Birds explores passion in all its forms. Evocative, compelling and superbly erotic, this is a powerful journey into the mysterious world of sex and sensuality.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,484,443 books! | Top bar: Always visible