Beastly by Alex Flinn

Beastly (2007)

by Alex Flinn

Series: Beastly (1), Kendra Chronicles (1)

English (211)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All languages (216)
Good young adult fiction. Based on the beauty and beast story. Main character focus is male (or the beast). The ending was good ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |
Traditional beast, modern setting. It worked - good retelling. ( )
  keindi | Jan 23, 2016 |
I really enjoy the retelling of fairytales and "Beauty and the Beast" has always been a favourite of mine. "Beastly" was an easy, entertaining read, and while I thought the two main characters sounded older than sixteen, I enjoyed how the story was told in Kyle's (Beast's) point of view. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
Teens will LOL. They will also find their preoccupations with looks, status and pride explored thoroughly.
added by Katya0133 | editKirkus Reviews

Flinn follows the fairy tale's original plot points closely, but falters in her depiction of the story's bad guys, over-the-top caricatures that simply ring false in her up-to-date setting.
added by Katya0133 | editPublishers Weekly

Beastly has romance, true love, tragic circumstances, magic, action adventure, and hope.
added by Katya0133 | editSchool Library Journal, Donna Rosenblum

A rare fairy-tale-inspired novel with equally strong appeal for boys and girls.
added by Katya0133 | editBooklist, Jennifer Mattson

Alex Flinnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Illingworth, SashaDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Patton, ChrisNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mr. Anderson: Welcome to the first meeting of the Unexpected Changes chat group.

I am a beast.

A beast. Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright—a creature with fangs and claws and hair springing from every pore. I am a monster.

You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll stay this way forever—ruined—unless I can break the spell.

Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly . . . beastly.

I am a beast.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:54 -0400)

A modern retelling of "Beauty and the Beast" from the point of view of the Beast, a vain Manhattan private school student who is turned into a monster and must find true love before he can return to his human form.

HarperCollins Childrens Books

2 editions of this book were published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

Editions: 0061963283, 0061998664

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,178,491 books! | Top bar: Always visible