Beastly by Alex Flinn

Beastly (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Alex Flinn

Member:Jenson_AKA_DL
Title:Beastly
Authors:Alex Flinn
Info:HarperTeen (2007), Hardcover, 320 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:ya, urban fantasy, fairy tale, library

Beastly by Alex Flinn (2007)

English (242)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All languages (247)
This is a good story. It modernizes the Beauty and the Beast story. ( )
  Mrslabraden | May 31, 2016 |
A fun story. I always loved Beauty and the Beast. I also liked that it mentioned a few other fairy tails too! ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
A modern retelling of "Beauty and the Beast" from the point of view of the Beast, a vain Manhattan private school student who is turned into a monster and must find true love before he can return to his human form.

I know many of you preferred the book to the movie but I got to say I preferred the movie much more. Actually, Beastly starring Vanessa Hudgens and Alex Pettyfer was one of my favorite movies of 2011.

"Having a Coke with You" by Frank O'Hara is a poem in the movie, I really liked it. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
It was weird reading a ‘beauty and the beast’ novel from the beast point of view. I’m a big fan of the Disney movie, and it was a nice change for the beast to get he’s side of the story own.

However the beast in this story is only a 16 year old high school student, who has a rich father and believes he can get away with any thing. Before he is turned, he does one good deed and due to this he has two years to find someone who will love he, despite his appearances. ( )
  purpleprincess1311 | Mar 8, 2016 |

purpleprincess1311 | Mar 8, 2016 |
Teens will LOL. They will also find their preoccupations with looks, status and pride explored thoroughly.
added by Katya0133 | editKirkus Reviews

Flinn follows the fairy tale's original plot points closely, but falters in her depiction of the story's bad guys, over-the-top caricatures that simply ring false in her up-to-date setting.
added by Katya0133 | editPublishers Weekly

Beastly has romance, true love, tragic circumstances, magic, action adventure, and hope.
added by Katya0133 | editSchool Library Journal, Donna Rosenblum

A rare fairy-tale-inspired novel with equally strong appeal for boys and girls.
added by Katya0133 | editBooklist, Jennifer Mattson

Alex Flinnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Illingworth, SashaDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Patton, ChrisNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mr. Anderson: Welcome to the first meeting of the Unexpected Changes chat group.

I am a beast.

A beast. Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright—a creature with fangs and claws and hair springing from every pore. I am a monster.

You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll stay this way forever—ruined—unless I can break the spell.

Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly . . . beastly.

I am a beast.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:54 -0400)

HarperCollins Childrens Books

2 editions of this book were published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

Editions: 0061963283, 0061998664

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,003,241 books! | Top bar: Always visible