The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly

The Brass Verdict (original 2008; edition 2010)

by Michael Connelly

Member:DivineMissW
Title:The Brass Verdict
Authors:Michael Connelly
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2010), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 448 pages

The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly (2008)

English (75)  Dutch (2)  Swedish (2)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  Finnish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (83)
Yep, you could say I'm hooked on Mickey Haller and the Lincoln Lawyer series after I read this in about two days.
I found this one a little confusing with it starting when he was with the Public Defender's office and so much left unsaid between Lincoln Lawyer and this one, but I think I eventually sorted it out. Did not see the Walter Elliot twist coming, nor did I see that with Harry Bosch.

On to the Reversal. Glad to be reading this years later where I know that Haller didn't walk away. ( )
  skinglist | Jun 9, 2014 |
Part of the "Lincoln Lawyer" series. Quick, entertaining read. ( )
  starkravingmad | Apr 10, 2014 |
It's been a while since I've picked up a Michael Connelly book, but I've no idea why that should be - as he's one of the best living thriller writers we have. It was a pleasure to get reacquainted with him here. The Brass Verdict appears to be a follow-up to The Lincoln Lawyer but that doesn't matter as it didn't spoil my enjoyment one iota.

Mickey Haller is a wonderful character - a lawyer with an addictive past who's clean now and wants to get his career back on track, but is initially startled by the way this takes place at the beginning of the novel. I was gripped by the descriptions of how Mickey makes a go of things again, and he's ably supported by one of his exes and her new boyfriend, both of whom work for him. They're a great little team and I was rooting all the way through for them to succeed.

I also enjoyed Mickey's relationship with his most recent ex-wife (not the one who works for him!) and daughter, and will look forward to reading more about the three of them.

As always with Connelly, the courtroom scenes are excellent, and the twists and turns of both the crime and the case as it plays out are very exciting indeed. Those surprises just keep on coming and I will certainly not leave it so long again before my next Connelly fix.

Verdict: Gripping and humane. 5 stars. ( )
  AnneBrooke | Apr 3, 2014 |
A thoroughly absorbing, legal thriller. Fast-paced with credible courtroom scenes, not too long or boring. ( )
  dannN | Dec 28, 2013 |
After a one year absence, Mickey Haller is back in the courtroom having inherited a practice from an acquaintance who has just been murdered. He's got a big, money-producing case with movie mogul, Walter Elliott. Harry Bosch is investigating and using Haller as bait . Fast-paced, courtroom drama..the ending is a little far-fetched and disappointing. ( )
  creighley | Oct 20, 2013 |
In memory of Terry Hansen and Frank Morgan
Everybody lies.

Things are finally looking up for defense attorney Mickey Haller. After two years of wrong turns, Haller is back in the courtroom. When Hollywood lawyer Jerry Vincent is murdered, Haller inherits his biggest case yet: the defense of Walter Elliott, a prominent studio executive accused of murdering his wife and her lover. But as Haller prepares for the case that could launch him into the big time, he learns that Vincent's killer may be coming for him next.

Bringing together Michael Connelly's two most popular characters, The Brass Verdict is sure to be his biggest book yet.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:40:39 -0400)

When Hollywood lawyer Jerry Vincent is murdered, Mickey Haller (of "The Lincoln Lawyer" fame) inherits his biggest case yet: the defense of Walter Elliott, a prominent studio executive accused of murdering his wife and her lover. But as Haller prepares for the case that could launch him into the big time, he learns that Vincent's killer may be coming for him next. Enter Harry Bosch. Determined to find Vincent's killer, he is not opposed to using Haller as bait. But as danger mounts and the stakes rise, these two loners realize their only choice is to work together.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,347,583 books! | Top bar: Always visible