The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly

The Brass Verdict (original 2008; edition 2009)

by Michael Connelly

Member:vincent-fortsey
Title:The Brass Verdict
Authors:Michael Connelly
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2009), Edition: Reprint, Paperback
Rating:***1/2
Tags:kindle

The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly (2008)

English (105)  Dutch (2)  Swedish (2)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  Finnish (1)  Italian (1)  All (113)
It was a page-turner. I would recommend it highly except for the coarse language. I must admit that I had no idea that it was part of a series. Actually two series - it's labeled as one of the Harry Bosch stories, but it was also another story about the Lincoln Lawyer.

I figured out the magic bullet from the second set of hints - before it was actually brought up in court. But I totally missed who it was that had all the inside information on the protagonist, and was pulling so many of the strings in the story. (I thought it was someone else, although I didn't want it to be him. Fortunately, my suspect was not at a high enough level to be the spider in the center of the web, and I was wrong to suspect him.)

A theme running through the book was the saying that everybody lies. But sometimes the lies get uncovered. And I learned that the term "brass verdict" was used by the cops to refer to a suspect that was killed in gang warfare before they could take the person to court.

I really liked the writing and will probably look for more by this author - there's a lot out there. I got this book from the little free library and will be returning it. ( )
  CarolJMO | Dec 12, 2016 |
A slow read, the plot was long and drawn out, and the action minimal at best. Never finished the book. ( )
  lewilliams | Oct 20, 2016 |
Another solid legal thriller with Mickey Haller defending a murderer. ( )
  kale.dyer | Aug 16, 2016 |
This is an excellent book and seemed to read itself! Very difficult to put book down and plenty of twists and turns. Feels quite different to other legal thrillers.
Now read the first two in the series and have enjoyed them both - a lot! A good reading style, a good story, good characters, twists and turns, pace in the story, good courtroom action, clever story lines and flawed main character. What more could you want?
I look forward to continuing with this series. ( )
  Andrew-theQM | Jun 20, 2016 |
Lawyer Mickey Haller has no office. He works out of the back Seat of his limo. In this novel he inherits the clients of a recently deceased lawyer. One client in particular becomes the focus of much of Haller's time. As he deals with an unexpectedly large workload after a year away from work, his main case brings him into contact, and conflict, with his half brother, Harry Bosch. ( )
  NapoABC | Apr 22, 2016 |
In memory of Terry Hansen and Frank Morgan
Everybody lies.

Things are finally looking up for defense attorney Mickey Haller. After two years of wrong turns, Haller is back in the courtroom. When Hollywood lawyer Jerry Vincent is murdered, Haller inherits his biggest case yet: the defense of Walter Elliott, a prominent studio executive accused of murdering his wife and her lover. But as Haller prepares for the case that could launch him into the big time, he learns that Vincent's killer may be coming for him next.

Bringing together Michael Connelly's two most popular characters, The Brass Verdict is sure to be his biggest book yet.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:22 -0400)

When Hollywood lawyer Jerry Vincent is murdered, Mickey Haller (of "The Lincoln Lawyer" fame) inherits his biggest case yet: the defense of Walter Elliott, a prominent studio executive accused of murdering his wife and her lover. But as Haller prepares for the case that could launch him into the big time, he learns that Vincent's killer may be coming for him next. Enter Harry Bosch. Determined to find Vincent's killer, he is not opposed to using Haller as bait. But as danger mounts and the stakes rise, these two loners realize their only choice is to work together.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,520,165 books! | Top bar: Always visible