Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon Hale

Rapunzel's Revenge (2008)

by Shannon Hale, Dean Hale

Other authors: Nathan Hale (Illustrator)

Series: Rapunzel (1)

For me, graphic novels are usually hit or miss. Rapunzel's Revenge landed somewhere in the middle. I loved the premise and the Western setting. It was also fun to see how the Hales incorporated other fairy tales into this story. Overall, it was just an "okay" reading experience for me; I'm not likely to re-read it.

3 stars ( )
  flying_monkeys | Apr 20, 2015 |
several in system - check graphic novels on separate shelves
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
I'm doing a book challenge and had to read a Graphic Novel, which is a first for me. My daughter loves them and this is her favorite.
  she_climber | Mar 17, 2015 |
A clever adaptation, and funny. ( )
  TrgLlyLibrarian | Feb 1, 2015 |
Entertaining Western-theme of cracked fairy tales, primarily focusing on Rapunzel. I liked it! Although I think it dragged on a little bit too long. But there was plenty of entertainment to be had in the references to various other fairy tales, and the ways they were mashed together and overturned. ( )
  lquilter | Oct 13, 2014 |

Hale, Shannonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hale, Deanmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Hale, NathanIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Christine Hale, aka Mom, who, but for a lack of mile-long hair and spiteful imprisonment by a witch, could have been the hero of this story
—S.H. and D.H.

To Lindsay, Leigh, and Layna: three cowgirls, my sisters
—N.H.
Once upon a time, there was a beautiful little girl.
Do not mix up the 2008 graphic novel with the Attic Press collection from the early 1990s. These are two completely different books!

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159990070X, Hardcover)

Once upon a time, in a land you only think you know, lived a little girl and her mother . . . or the woman she thought was her mother.

Every day, when the little girl played in her pretty garden, she grew more curious about what lay on the other side of the garden wall . . . a rather enormous garden wall.

And every year, as she grew older, things seemed weirder and weirder, until the day she finally climbed to the top of the wall and looked over into the mines and desert beyond.

Newbery Honor-winning author Shannon Hale teams up with husband Dean Hale and brilliant artist Nathan Hale (no relation) to bring readers a swashbuckling and hilarious twist on the classic story as you’ve never seen it before. Watch as Rapunzel and her amazing hair team up with Jack (of beanstalk fame) to gallop around the wild and western landscape, changing lives, righting wrongs, and bringing joy to every soul they encounter.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:26 -0400)

Rapunzel is raised in a grand villa surrounded by towering walls. Rapunzel dreams of a different mother than Gothel, the woman she calls Mother. She climbs over the wall and finds out the truth. Her real mother, Kate, is a slave in Gothel's gold mine. In this Old West retelling, Rapunzel uses her hair as a lasso and to take on outlaws--including Gothel.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,209,644 books! | Top bar: Always visible