The Valentine Star by Patricia Reilly Giff

Review by: Ashley

The book I read is called The Valentine Star. It's time for everyone in Ms. Rooney's class to make cards for Valentine's Day. Emily sits next to Dawn. Dawn gives Emily stars to decorate her cards. Emily plans to make very special cards for Ms. Rooney and the new student teacher Ms. Vincent. Things start to go wrong when Emily is asked to be class monitor. Emily feels special sitting in the teacher’s chair, until Sherri Dent gets out of her seat. Emily reports Sherri getting out of her seat. Emily becomes worried when Sherri keeps saying “You’ll be sorry”. The student teacher becomes curious. She’s noticing the fighting and dirty faces between Emily and Sherri. She asked both of them but them not knowing if they would help her make a card for Ms. Rooney. They arrive to the classroom after school, and they see each other there. Ms. Vincent leaves them in the room and they discuss what happens and why it happens. They start to giggle and become friendly. They are no longer mean to each other.
My favorite part about the book is every part. It was easy to understand and it was a fun book! My least favorite part about the book was the ending, because it just ended. It didn’t exactly tell you what happened.
Anyone who is interested in fiction and funny books should read this book. This book would appeal to younger children because it’s a kiddish book, because it has to do with two girls fighting over something so little. The book was a little too kiddish for me. I give The Valentine Star a 4 because it was a little too childish for me. It kept my attention throughout the whole book. I enjoyed reading it!
Review by: Hayley

The book I read was a good book. It was about Valentine's Day. ( )
  bplteen | Apr 27, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440492041, Paperback)

February is fun.

It's time for everyone in Ms. Rooney's room to make cards for the Valentine box. Emily Arrow couldn't be happier when Dawn Bosco gives her some colored stars to decorate her cards. She plans to make a special one for Ms. Vincent, the new student teacher.

But things take a turn for the worse when Ms. Rooney asks Emily to be class monitor. Emily feels important sitting at the teacher's desk, until Sherri Dent leaves her seat without Emily's permission. Emily reports her. That's when Sherri tells Emily, "You'll be sorry."

Emily is really worried. What will Sherri do to get even?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:30:30 -0400)

As Valentine's Day approaches and her class becomes busy making cards, Emily is worried about her fight with Sherri, who tells her, "You'll be sorry."

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,606,102 books! | Top bar: Always visible