The Front by Patricia Cornwell

English (31)  Dutch (3)  Danish (1)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (37)
Pretty terrible. If it's written by Patricia Cornwell, and not a Kay Scarpetta story, stay far far away! ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
Wow, that was a quick read! Finished this book in a single afternoon.
Comments? Nice book, easy to read, straight forward detective/mystery that I liked.
Good read to relax, not demanding at all. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Jun 4, 2015 |
It's been a while since I've read anything from Patricia Cornwell, and, I have to say, this book was somewhat surprising.

For instance, I was halfway through the book and was still trying to discern the plot of the book. The story unfolded slowly, allowing the reader to familiarize him- or herself with the characters, and it was done so smoothly and was so well paced, you found yourself turning the pages quickly to see where everything was headed.

The Front centers around an old, unsolved murder of a young woman. An ambitious D.A., Monique Lamont, has her own agenda when she assigns Win Garano, a state investigator, to the case. What are her reasons for digging up this case? Win is not too thrilled to be pulled into it, especially when he finds that he will be working the case with Stump, a Watertown detective.

A quick read. At the end, though, I was found wanting more. It was well written, I really liked the characters, and I could have kept reading for another 100 or 200 pages. ( )
  cmeilink | Jul 8, 2014 |
Read 04-27-2014
  trexm5qp7 | Apr 28, 2014 |
Audiobook. Ugh, Kate Reading narrator. Least favorite narrator I've ever heard =( Hope I can still enjoy the book, otherwise I might have to just go ahead and read it myself.

Didn't like it. I will stick with the Scarpetta series that I love. ( )
1 vote Barb_H | Apr 1, 2013 |
To Ursula MacKenzie

who publishes me so brilliantly in the UK
Win Garano sets two lattes on a picnic table in front of the John F Kennedy School of Government.

The second book featuring Winston Garano.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:13 -0400)

Dispatched by the district attorney to a declining Massachusetts neighborhood to address a case related to a new public relations campaign, state investigator Win Garano suspects a deeper agenda and becomes involved with a loosely organized association of vigilante police officers, in a case during which he is assisted by his intuitive grandmother.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,872,391 books! | Top bar: Always visible