Dancing with Demons: A Mystery of Ancient…

Dancing with Demons: A Mystery of Ancient Ireland (Mysteries of Ancient… (original 2007; edition 2008)

by Peter Tremayne

Member:Spuddie
Title:Dancing with Demons: A Mystery of Ancient Ireland (Mysteries of Ancient Ireland featuring Sister Fidelma of Cashel)
Authors:Peter Tremayne
Info:Minotaur Books (2008), Hardcover, 288 pages
Tags:TBR

Dancing with Demons by Peter Tremayne (2007)

Fidelma and Eadulf are tasked with finding out who murdered the High King. Conflicts between the New Faith and the old abound and there are twists and turns everywhere. It started out a bit slow for me but really picked up and I was really surprised by the revelation of the murderer. ( )
  Oodles | Feb 16, 2016 |
This is one of my favorites from the series. I like these books because they take place in Ireland (which holds a soft spot in my heart), they are interesting and very clean. I also enjoy the discussions of religion in the book as a result of the tension between the new Christian faith (new to the characters in the books) and the druids. ( )
  mtunquist | Nov 29, 2015 |
  mtunquist | Nov 29, 2015 |
I love reading these books of Peter Tremayne. The mystery aspect of the book is superb and the description of the life and times in Ancient Ireland during 669AD is enthralling.

I had suspicions of who were the guilty parties in the murder of the High King of Ireland but it wasn't until the last 20 pages that all the t's were crossed and the i's dotted.

A fast easy to read page turner...loved the book, my second now. I will search for more of the Sister Fidelma series and endeavor to read them in succession. ( )
1 vote Lynxear | Feb 3, 2013 |
wonderful! the plot is intriguing and never boring or predictable, Fidelma's relationships with the other characters are interesting and well narrated, many interesting topics are touched. could not stop reading until I had to ( )
1 vote bilja | Oct 26, 2009 |

"Tremayne writes so authentically about this remote time period that readers will feel they are there in every way...a delight!" -- Library Journal (starred review) on Master of Souls

"The action is tense and gripping...a compelling, enjoyable adventure." -- The Philadelphia Inquirer on The Monk Who Vanished

In the late 7th Century, the High King of Ireland is killed at night in the middle of his compound.  Who killed him is not in question - there are unimpeachable witnesses that point directly to the clan chieftain responsible. Dubh Duin is, after all, found by the High King's guards in the High King's bed chamber holding the murder weapon. But with impending civil war in the balance, the motive for the murder becomes of paramount importance.

The Chief Brehon of Ireland asks Fidelma of Cashel - sister to the King of Muman and a dailagh - to investigate.  What her investigations reveal is an intricate web of conspiracy and deception that threatens to unbalance the five kingdoms and send them spiralling into a violent and bloody civil war and religious conflict.  And it's up to Fidelma to not only see to justice but to private the violent fracturing of an increasingly fragile peace.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:28 -0400)

When the High King of Ireland is found murdered in his compound and clan chieftain Dubh Duin is accused of the crime, the Chief Brehon of Ireland calls in Fidelma of Cashel to investigate a web of conspiracy and treachery that could ignite a war.

32 wanted5 pay1 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,528,094 books! | Top bar: Always visible