Death Qualified by Kate Wilhelm

Death Qualified (1991)

by Kate Wilhelm

Series: Barbara Holloway Novels (1)

11/07 I listened to this on my mp3, and it always takes months because I listen in 5-15 minute chunks, not even on a daily basis. But I love the Barbara Holloway books, even though I don't typically read mysteries. I like the local flavor (set in Eugene, Oregon,) and the characters are well fleshed out and very human. ( )
  thukpa | Feb 6, 2016 |
  thukpa | Feb 6, 2016 |
  thukpa | Feb 5, 2016 |
The story line of this book was a solid 3 stars, enough to make me eager to exercise again to listen to the next chapter. But then, the ending was so bad/predictable/awful that my overall rating must be two stars. ( )
  TheresaCIncinnati | Aug 17, 2015 |
Nell Kendricks is accused of murdering her estranged husband. Lawyer, Barbara Holloway is visiting her father and trying to get her own life in order but ends up taking on Nell's legal defense. Along the twisted path to justice we meet interesting characters and get some insight to Choas Theory. Good read, but it didn't make me want to run out and pick up another in the series.
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |

Wilhelm, Kateprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fields, AnnaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Does the flap of a butterfly's wings in Brazil set off a tornado in Texas? Edward N. Lorenz
For Julie A. Stevens, with appreciation and affection.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0449221555, Mass Market Paperback)

"A book not about ideas but about the impact of ideas...The ending, which I found both surprising and believable, makes good on all her promises."
THE NEW YORK TIMES BOOK REVIEW
Barbara had given up the law five years before, but she's still "death qualified," still able to defend clients in Oregon who face the death penalty if convicted. And now her lawyer father needs her back in the arena to defend Nell Kendricks, who's been indicted for the murder of her estranged husband, Lucas Kendricks.
But did she do it? After not seeing him for seven years? And where was Lucas all that time? Ultimately, the small-town courtroom is where the truth can be found--if one can spot it through the blinding maelstrom of injustice, confusion, chaos, reality, and love....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:15 -0400)

Barbara Holloway left a promising legal career defending clients against murder charges when she became disgusted with the system. One call from her father brings her back into the courtroom and into a maelstrom of injustice and confusion.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,671,624 books! | Top bar: Always visible