Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
King Henry IV, Part 1 (edition 2010)
Henry IV, Part I by William Shakespeare
Books Read in 2014 (503)
Is contained in
Has the adaptation
Is replied to in
Was inspired by
Has as a reference guide/companion
Has as a student's study guide
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743485041, Mass Market Paperback)FOLGER Shakespeare Library
THE WORLD'S LEADING CENTER FOR SHAKESPEARE STUDIES
Each edition includes:
· Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
· Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
· Scene-by-scene plot summaries
· A key to famous lines and phrases
· An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
· An essay by a leading Shakespeare scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
· Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
Essay by Alexander Leggatt
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs. For more information, visit www.folger.edu.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:05 -0400)
While King Henry IV rightly laments that his heir, the young Prince Hal, has not distinguished himself in battle, Hal is up to no good at the Boar's Head Tavern with his rotund cohort, Falstaff. With a rebellion rising against the throne at home, Hal lives it up in the ale houses of London, associating with petty schemers and masterminding practical jokes instead of military strategies. When his father sends a messenger to fetch his delinquent son, will Hal rally to the call?
(summary from another edition)
2 editions of this book were published by Audible.com.
2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.
An edition of this book was published by Yale University Press.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.