Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Best of Brit Lit (75)
Generation Joshua (16)
Plays I Like (20)
Compact | Rate recommendations
Is contained in
Was inspired by
Has as a student's study guide
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743484878, Mass Market Paperback)Each edition includes:
• Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
• Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
• Scene-by-scene plot summaries
• A key to famous lines and phrases
• An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
• An essay by an outstanding scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
• Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
Essay by Michael Neill
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs. For more information, visit www.folger.edu.
(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:25:25 -0400)
A team of six eminent scholars who have, along with the general editors themselves, prepared new introductions and notes to all of Shakespeare's plays and poems. Redesigned in an easy-to-read format that preserves the favorite features of the original--and including an essay on the theatrical world of Shakespeare, and introduction to the individual play, and a note on the text used--the new Pelican Shakespeare will be an excellent resource for students, teachers, and theater professionals well into the twenty-first century.
Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.
Two editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.
An edition of this book was published by W.W. Norton.
Two editions of this book were published by Recorded Books.
Editions: 1456100041, 1449889654
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.