The Druid of Shannara by Terry Brooks

The Druid of Shannara

by Terry Brooks

Recently added byDuchessofHazard, Ghostoverlord, Starstruck, Vinbert, private library, ivconsack, kwkslvr

As always, Terry Brooks paints a great picture, even though this picture was mostly of a stone city and the travel to it. The characters are well developed, though I'd expect nothing less. I enjoyed Quickening and Walker Boh the most this time around, though Pe Ell was a very interesting character, a part of me wishes he had been kept around just a little longer. ( )
  Silversi | Oct 6, 2011 |
Well I finished it. Put me to sleep quite a few times. I agree with Oogod that it seems like Brook's is stretching out the series by being wordy. Seems to have forgotten some of the characters from the first novel as well since they only appear for a few pages.

I'll read the rest of the series just to finish it though. ( )
  theapparatus | Jul 26, 2011 |
  rustyoldboat | May 28, 2011 |
Great addition to a great series. ( )
  willowcove | Sep 1, 2010 |
Not a bad story line but I think Brook’s is a bit wordy almost to the point of stretching out the series. ( )
  Oogod | Oct 27, 2009 |

Terry Brooksprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gahrton, BirgittaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Laurie and Peter,
For their Love, Support, and Encouragement
in all things
THE KING OF THE SILVER RIVER stood at the edge of the Gardens that had been his domain since the dawn of the age of farie and looked out over the world and mortal men.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345375599, Mass Market Paperback)

In the three hundred years since the death of the Druid Allanon, the evil Shadowen have seized control of the Four Lands. If they are to be saved, the black Elfstone must be retrieved, at whatever cost to life or love....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:19 -0400)

In the three hundred years since the death of the Druid Allanon, the mysterious, evil Shadowen have seized control and are ruining the Four Lands. The shade of Allanon summons the four scions of Shannara, whom he commands defeat the Shadowen.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,940,332 books! | Top bar: Always visible