Too Cool To Be Forgotten by Alex Robinson

Too Cool To Be Forgotten

by Alex Robinson

1961060,038 (3.64)20

Reminiscent of Ken Grimwood's World Fantasy Award-winning novel [book:Replay], in Too Cool to be Forgotten writer/artist Robinson relates the story of middle-aged Andy Wicks, who cannot quit smoking. Since all previous treatments failed, Andy gives hypnosis a try. Suddenly, he finds himself transported to 1985, fifteen years old and back in high school. Of course, high school sucked and Andy really doesn't want to relive it. Though the story stumbles a few times, Robinson manages to keep this engaging tale on course. His cartoony style and conversational writing mesh perfectly to create a thought-provoking, time travel tale.
  rickklaw | Oct 13, 2017 |
Recensione su: http://wp.me/p3X6aw-pQ
Review at: http://wp.me/p3X6aw-pQ ( )
  Saretta.L | Feb 12, 2015 |
Fast pleasant read--interesting idea of returning to high school and adolescence with an adult's perspective. ( )
  AThurman | Dec 7, 2014 |
I haven't read much Alex Robinson--I think possibly just Tricked--but it impressed me so much that I was really looking forward to this book. My first surprise was the size of it--not much over 100 pages, and roughly the size of a trade paperback. The story was uninspired, rushed and (at times) maudlin. Robinson does make readers care about his characters, but while I cared about our hero here, I didn't like him much or get too invested in him.

Overall: eh. Robinson has done some much better work; read that instead. ( )
  librarybrandy | Mar 30, 2013 |
This is great wish-fulfillment fodder, and the low-calorie comic-book approach eases the reader directly into the fantasy without much cognitive load, allowing you to revel in the what-if game of being able to tell your adolescent self everything you know today.
added by lampbane | editBoing Boing, Cory Doctorow (Jul 28, 2008)

I was impressed with the strength of Robinson’s graphic language. Much of the book is told through typical rectangular panels. When he breaks this pattern, it really draws your attention to what he’s conveying (which is the point).

Middle-aged Andy Wicks has tried everything to quit smoking. When he tries hypnosis, he is transported back in time to his awkward years as a teenager.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,583,845 books! | Top bar: Always visible