My Immortal Promise by Jen Holling

My Immortal Promise

by Jen Holling

483242,697 (3)3

English (2)  Tagalog (1)  All languages (3)
My Rating: A

My Review:

As I always do, I really enjoyed Jen Holling's newest book. What I enjoyed the most was the type of romance there was between Drake and Hannah. Because of their baggage their love grew with mostly a start from an angry and probably unhealthy passion. But that passion led to letting down the walls and realizing that they were perfect for each other. It seemed a bit more real to me.

I wish that at the end of the book we would have seen more of what happens to them after their demons are taken care of. An epilogue would have been nice, but it didn't take away from the book to not have one.

The only other issue I had with the book was that in the first 50 pages or so, the author continued to point out things that were characteristics of being a blood witch (a vampire) which was pretty unnecessary. But the farther you got into the book the less it was done, until it just never happened again.

All in all a great book. It could stand alone from the first, but I recommend reading the first in the series before this one. ( )
  mybooksmylove | Aug 8, 2009 |
Well, I'm not sorry I read "My Immortal Promise" by Jen Holling, but I'm not glad either. My major beef is that the hero does something bonehead stupid in the first chapter. He lets the bad guy get away. Then he fights the bad guy over and over for the rest of the book. So I get that fighting the bad guy is the 'conflict' in the book, but couldn't the bad guy have gotten away in some other way? Why did the hero have to be such a bonehead? But really, the more I think about it, the more I didn't like the hero. He did more boneheaded things. Anyway, the heroine is a 'blood witch' (vampire) and at the end of Holling's first book, the hero had agreed to come back to the blood witch and let her make him a blood witch too. But while he was gone she apparently changes her mind. They're attracted to each other, but don't want to be for different reasons. They must overcome their pasts and beat the bad guy. Meh. ( )
  jjmachshev | Nov 17, 2008 |

Drake MacKay, who has risked his immortal soul in his quest for vengeance, and Hannah O'Shea, an immortal blood witch, are forced into an uneasy alliance to stop an evil from their shared past that now threatens Drake's family, but their quest is threatened by their growing passion for each other.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,607,004 books! | Top bar: Always visible