Seed Bead Stitching: Creative Variations on…

Seed Bead Stitching: Creative Variations on Traditional Techniques

by Beth Stone

My favorite book for beading basics. Great photos and simple projects to do. Gave me the meaning of "bead soup" which I never knew before. turned me on to new ideas.
  BaltoBeadSociety | Nov 11, 2009 |
"I'm not a beginning beader so I wasn't sure how much I would get out of this book but having been reading it for a few weeks now it has absolutely proved me wrong! There is lots and lots in here for all levels of beader with so many colourful, fun, innovative ways to use stitches that make you look at them in a whole new light. I would really recommend this book for anyone interested in seed beads, even those of use who feel jaded and think we know it all!"
added by KalmbachBooks | editBead magazine, Catherine Dunlop (Jan 1, 2009)

"Stone is the author of Seed Bead Stitching: Creative Variations on Traditional Techniques. The stitches in the book, released last December, have 'been around for a long time,' however, it teaches beaders 'how to do variations of different stitches and give them different looks.' Stone says, 'I want people to learn from my work and take it in their own direction. That's so important for an artist.' "
added by KalmbachBooks | editThe Detroit News, Jocelynn Brown (Jun 7, 2008)

"Seed Bead Stitching: Creative Variations On Traditional Techniques by needlecraft and beadcraft expert Beth Stone offers aspiring beaders with easy-to-follow, superbly illustrated, step-by-step, do-it-yourself instructions through the process of creating stylish jewelry with seed beads. Readers will learn how to make distinctive and unique jewelry pieces (including necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and rings) using the peyote stitch, the brick stitch, the right-angle wave, the spiral rope, the St. Petersburg chain, and more. Informed, informative, and thoroughly 'user friendly', Seed Bead Stitching is an enthusiastically recommended addition to personal and community library instructional reference collections.
added by KalmbachBooks | editMidwest Book Review, Wisconsin Bookwatch (Jan 1, 2008)

Seed Bead Stitching explores beadweaving techniques using colorful seed beads and beautiful accents such as pearls and gemstones. Step-by-step photographs and illustrations guide readers through the basics of classic stitches and inventive variations. Includes an introduction to the basics of beads, threads, and bead-stitching techniques. Creative variations and lesser-known stitches are sure to inspire intermediate and advanced beaders.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:53 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,679,649 books! | Top bar: Always visible