Das Böse in uns by Cody Mcfadyen

Das Böse in uns (original 2008; edition 2010)

by Cody Mcfadyen, Cody Mcfadyen (Author), Franziska Pigulla (Sprecher)

When a high-profile politician's daughter is murdered during a flight to Washington, D.C., FBI agent Smoky Barrett and her team take on a prolific serial killer who calls himself "The Preacher" and targets anyone who has a secret to hide.
Member:CrazyTabasco
Title:Das Böse in uns
Authors:Cody Mcfadyen
Other authors:Cody Mcfadyen (Author), Franziska Pigulla (Sprecher)
Info:LübbeAudio (2010), Edition: 3, Audio CD

The Darker Side by Cody McFadyen (2008)

English (15)  German (1)  All languages (16)
Pretty good, the -thor seems to stick to a specific plot device, religion and runs with it. ( )
  AnnaHernandez | Oct 17, 2019 |
disappointing. Smoky series should finish here ( )
  lucaconti | Jan 24, 2019 |
This is the third Cody McFadyen book, and they all have FBI agent Smokey Barrett as the lead character. The good news is this book is on par with his first book which was a well written entry into the mystery/thriller genre. After reading The Face of Death his second book I was worried McFadyen might be a one hit wonder, but he has redeemed himself with The Darker Side. The story is well developed with a “good” antagonist. The only thing that kept this from being a 5 star for me was a kind of weak ending. I would not say it is a bad ending just a change from what many books have, which I do not think is a bad thing but it could have been better.

So if you enjoy the mystery/thriller books in the style of Karin Slaughter or Lisa Gardner you will probably enjoy Cody McFadyen. He is not in that top tier of mystery/thriller writers yet but definitely worth reading. I am currently reading his fourth book and it has started out as his strongest work yet. Each book can be read as a standalone, with each having a small summery of the characters at the start, but for me I like to start at the first one and read the series in order. ( )
  caseycycling | Feb 7, 2014 |
Wieder ein Buch um Smokey Barret. Gut erzählt aber leider "nur" ein "typischer" Kriminalfall dem die eindrückliche Tiefe und Bedrohlichkeit der ersten beiden Bände von Cody McFadyen rund um die FBI Ermittlerin fehlt. Trotzdem, ein guter Krimi. ( )
  peterde | Jan 26, 2014 |
I intended to read the books from the Smokey series in order, but I got the chance to send this book on a continuing journey, therefor I read it now.

I liked the book, but it never really gor me to the edge of my seat, it was never really exciting. The things described are really not pleasant and a corner of my mind wonders how or where the author gets his inspiration.

What was very interesting in this book, is the insight in the Smokey character. She reveals more of herself in this book (maybe because it was written in the 1st person?). ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Jun 18, 2013 |
This one is for Hyeri, and all her gentle ways.
Deze is voor Hyeri, een en al vriendelijkheid.
Dying is a lonely thing.
Doodgaan is een eenzaam gebeuren.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 139,532,645 books! | Top bar: Always visible